Used 2005 Ford Mustang Premium Convertible Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Worked three summers for it, best first car ever!!
By Brian Snow

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Not for the faint of heart. A red convertible mustang (even ten years old now) still draws quite the attention. Mine is a cop magnet, whenever I even consider revving the engine I know they are waiting around the corner for the next youngster in a red car. By today's standards a 200+ horsepower pony car is by no means american muscle, but nothing beats hitting interstate speeds in under 6 seconds with the top down.
Pros: the ride is amazing, I'm used to riding bikes and being able to feel the road. Last year I made a deal with a guy, he was putting radials on his new gt and sold me his brand-new 2013 gt rims and his Perreli-nero-zeros for 300 bucks. Thus I have a nicer car then 95% of the people in town. It's a source of freedom and pride haha. But when I park somewhere everybody knows its me. Black leather interior, black roof (the fancy vinyl-ish kind, not the cloth top), and of course, the exclusive red sally paint job.
Cons: The air conditioning can barely keep up with the heat of two passengers on a hot sunny day (105 degrees), but that's to be expected with a black topped car. Also, the engine is limited in fourth gear. Ruins my fun. But then again there's no need to even be in fourth gear under 85 miles per hour.

Fun Ride
By joanne

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my new 2005 Mustang Convertible. I ordered it through Ford and got the options I wanted. I've had the car now 10 months and it rides great. I've not had a bit of trouble with it. It is my 2nd car so I only drive it when the weather is good.

The whole car. I am glad I went with the light gray inside and out.

Nothing...

Cure for Mid Life Blues!
By Jay Bodenstein

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My sonic blue, 2005 Mustang convertible is the most fun machine I've ever owned. Driving with top down, warm wind in my face (hair's mostly gone!) and feeling great as the feelings of youth return, I love my Mustang! This is the ultimate time machine. Put on the Beach Boys, or any other hits from the 60's, crank up the stereo and wow!

Favorite features are My Color for the display, the 5 speed manual transmission and a top that comes down and lets the sunshine in!

Add a few more horses to the V6 and put the radio/CD controls on the steering wheel. And equip all the Mustangs with Pirelli tires.

Wow -- why didn't I buy this sooner!
By Elexis

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've been a Mustang owner 2 weeks now and wow, asking myself why I waited so long! Jet black V6 premium convertible with upgraded interior (black leather, black top and exterior sports package. Can't forget those side airbags and the active anti-theft for the insurance break. With the new body style it is a head turner from its shiny black exterior to its trippy old style rims. The driving experience is wonderful, hard to put into words really, but you could judge by the big grin on my face each time I drive it. The MPG advertised was accurate; I get about 17 city and up to 25 freeway... the main difference is I WANT to drive it and I take the long way just so I get to drive it more.

6 disc in-dash CD changer; stylish old-school rims; great gas mileage for a sporty car; sports package (tail fin, side stripe & front window decor); great conversation starter!

I was disappointed that there was no option for an onboard Navigation system, I am sure it is a space issue.

2005 Mustang Experience
By William

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Waited several months to receive delivery on Red Convertible. Everything I expected. Have taken three trips: around Colorado (over 12000 foot mountain pass), into South Dakota and through Wyoming, Montana, Canada Rockies, Washington, Oregon and Utah. Handled beautifully! Very responsive. A solid car, corners very well (makes driving fun again). I get at least one compliment each time I take it out on the road.

Styling creates attention. Windows that go up one-quarter inch when doors close.

I have the small radio. Change the features. On the road I cannot get road information because scanning feature skips over those frequencies.