2005 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Fun Ride
By joanne on 01/12/06 18:47 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my new 2005 Mustang Convertible. I ordered it through Ford and got the options I wanted. I've had the car now 10 months and it rides great. I've not had a bit of trouble with it. It is my 2nd car so I only drive it when the weather is good.

Cure for Mid Life Blues!
By Jay Bodenstein on 12/01/05 09:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My sonic blue, 2005 Mustang convertible is the most fun machine I've ever owned. Driving with top down, warm wind in my face (hair's mostly gone!) and feeling great as the feelings of youth return, I love my Mustang! This is the ultimate time machine. Put on the Beach Boys, or any other hits from the 60's, crank up the stereo and wow!

Wow -- why didn't I buy this sooner!
By Elexis on 09/26/05 21:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've been a Mustang owner 2 weeks now and wow, asking myself why I waited so long! Jet black V6 premium convertible with upgraded interior (black leather, black top and exterior sports package. Can't forget those side airbags and the active anti-theft for the insurance break. With the new body style it is a head turner from its shiny black exterior to its trippy old style rims. The driving experience is wonderful, hard to put into words really, but you could judge by the big grin on my face each time I drive it. The MPG advertised was accurate; I get about 17 city and up to 25 freeway... the main difference is I WANT to drive it and I take the long way just so I get to drive it more.

2005 Mustang Experience
By William on 08/23/05 13:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Waited several months to receive delivery on Red Convertible. Everything I expected. Have taken three trips: around Colorado (over 12000 foot mountain pass), into South Dakota and through Wyoming, Montana, Canada Rockies, Washington, Oregon and Utah. Handled beautifully! Very responsive. A solid car, corners very well (makes driving fun again). I get at least one compliment each time I take it out on the road.

By Dagi on 07/09/05 09:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just got my V6 Convertible in June and must admit that I haven't been able to keep my hands off the steering wheel since! The ride is very stable. There is almost no "pull" through tight turns. The rear wheel drive makes the ride smooth on bumpy New England roads and I don't have to worry about spilling my coffee. The instrument panel design is great. No clutter and easy to read. Driving this car is exhilarating and fun. I have to get used to "thumbs up" signals, "nice car", "wow", and the likes comments and lots of stares from fellow drivers :). Negative side is that everyone wants to race you (and I am too old for that type of stuff...).

We've owned 2 '05s
By Jim,Sue Dolsky on 07/09/05 01:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Between my wife and myself, we have ownership experience with close to 40 automobiles. We have owned 2, 2005 Mustangs in under 3 months. We traded our silver convertible when we went for the first oil change, and were shown a beautiful torch red, loaded, V-6 convertible. The stick handles smoothly. The engine has great punch for a 6. The silver was an automatic, and was also very pleasing to drive. These autos corner and change lanes with agility. The leather seats of our red are much more comfortable than the cloth, with more padding where it counts.

First Time Mustang Buyer
By Valentine on 07/07/05 16:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a really cool car. Love to drive it. We get a lot of stares. The color is what grabs your attention. It is a cool blue with beige interior. I think Ford would sell more of these if they would target women with the lighter interior color as oppose to the typical black. This baby takes off when needed. It reminds me of my 1981 V6 280Z. Love that car. I think the GT is really a waste of power. Where will you be able to open it up without looking over your shoulders?

It's more than promised
By 1 for Fun on 06/17/05 02:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I still own my first car after driving it for 32 years. My Dad bought a '66 Thunderbird Convertible for my Mom in late '65. It is still my favorite of my 12 cars. For the first time since I got the T-bird at 16 years old, I am in love with my car again. Highly recommended; the car has proven to be pure fun.

An unnatural emotional attachment....
By Joni on 06/16/05 11:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My husband says I have an unnatural emotional attachment to this car. A rear-wheel-drive convertible is not the most practical vehicle for Montana, but I don't care! I am in love with this car. I'm having my mid-life crisis early (while I can still enjoy it). This car is an absolute BLAST to drive (top up or top down). I have always wanted a red Mustang convertible (my grandpa had a '64 1/2 baby blue Mustang coupe) and never thought I would be able to afford one. Not only is this car gorgeous, but it's AFFORDABLE! This car is a future classic.

Grinning ear to ear.
By Darlis Whitworth on 06/11/05 16:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Waited 6 weeks after ordering for delivery. V-6 Premium convertible. White with Parchment top and parchment leather, interior upgrade package, 5 speed auto, anti-lock brakes/traction control, exterior sport appearance package. Even non-Ford fans can`t help but take a second look and make positive comments. Neighborhood kids coming by to take a look. Power and shift ranges seems just about right for a v-6. After careful examination can't find any flaws with paint or fit of exterior parts. Still playing with the My Color dash light feature (can`t decide on color I like best).Top is getting easier to lock down after raising it as it stretches. Less than expected road noise with top up.