2005 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
the best car that you can buy!
By Rodolfo Fuenzalida on 10/27/09 13:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car means only pleasure. I am a Mustang lover, this is the first one that I bought and I can tell you that the car is the best of the best. Its retro style and power engine only can give you good moments. Mine is convertible, then drive with the top down is really a dream.

Best bang for your buck
By Julio on 06/28/08 20:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought V6 5 speed red Mustang in 2005 and has 47k miles already. No mechanical/electrical issues. Cons: no real pick up in first gear, tires of low quality (poor track in winter/rain conditions), stereo of low quality (keeps the cds inside), some cabin noise, reverse shift difficult to engage, plastic interior of low quality, cupholders useless in current location, dings and bells for seat belts and other conditions extremely noisy and loud. Pros: almost everything else: design, speed, comfort (for 2 passengers of course), trunk space, fuel economy, reliability, etc.

All American Retro
By K Burns on 06/18/08 14:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The '05 Mustang convertible in dark red with tan leather and premium interior is a fun to drive beautiful all American "head turner". It handles and sounds great (for a V6) and its classic looks are terrific (I grew up in Detroit in the '70s, so I guess I am the target audience for the design, and they hit the target)

Fun to Drive Stang
By Andy on 04/05/08 15:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My Legend Lime V6 convertible has been a wonderful experience. I bought it instead of a motorcycle due to 2 little ones at home because it has a back seat. I drove it to Illinois by myself from Minnesota the first week I bought it and put the cruise on with the top down and tunes cranked. I haven't had one repair. It is hands down the best value for a sports car! I had 2 69 Stangs growing up and this one hasn't let me down for performance!

Sweet Ride
By sandtrap on 03/24/08 13:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'm 70 yrs old and this is the car I have been waiting for. So much fun to drive, Mine is dark candy apple red with parchment top. Always good comments. Boy, could I have gotten into a lot trouble if I had something like this in school.

Flashback brings back muscle
By tommye on 01/31/08 11:26 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was waiting for a car like this my whole life. I love it. The ripping engine sound, the style, the interior. The new traction control the old Mustangs lacked.

3rd times even better
By mardabas on 01/04/08 21:17 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the 3rd 6 cyl. Mustang I've owned and this one is by far my favorite. The fit and finish is great, the performance is so far beyond my 95 that its closer to the fox body v-8. I like it so much that this is the first Stang that I'm upgrading visualy and performance wise. That's saying something about the passion this car causes in me as my first Stang was purchased in 1973. My only complaint would be the fuel fill problem that occurs once in awhile, the tank won't take a fill up at times. Overall, all I can say is that it kills me from Nov. to April when I store it.

I love my car!
By MustangSally on 04/19/07 09:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car as a present to myself for getting my graduate degree. I'm a single mom and so tired of being practical! My kids and I love cranking the music and putting the top down! There are a few small things I'd change but I have so much fun with this car. Even ordered a vanity plate!

Lemon Mustang
By Total Lemon on 10/15/06 12:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for just over 3 months and have had nothing but problems. The car has been out of service for almost 40 days. Just got the car back from the dealer on Friday, they had it for 26 consecutive days and can't fix a clicking/popping sound in the front end. Called Ford technical service and are sending a tech in on 11/01/06 to look at the car. The headliner is falling out -now held in place with cardboard shims, rear axle bearings and seals replaced, front and rear rotors already turned, rear quarter windows replaced because of rusty screws holding the weather strips, parking break lever replaced, finish coming of the chrome a/c vent, rocker moldings loose and the list goes on.

Maybe its just my luck
By MyPoorPony on 10/12/06 12:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a 2005 Premium Convertible. My first car I've bought on my own. So far I've had it in twice for the fuel pump and I'm taking it in to get the top replaced because the rear defroster stopped working. I've had the gear shifter replaced in it. I'm not happy camper with this car. If it wasn't for all these problems, I'd absolutely love this car. Rides great, minus the time it stopped running on the middle of I-95. Love driving with the top down, love the audio in it. Maybe I just got a bad pony. But I won't ever buy a Ford again, the service is awful.