2005 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
American Muscle
By John on 08/22/10 11:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I was concerned and apprehensive when I went from a Mercedes C230 Sport to the Mustang GT Convertible. On day two I knew I made the right decision. This car rocks! The car generates amazing torque and speed. The exhaust and engine are perfectly matched; it makes a deep throaty growl when I get on the accelerator. The handling is superb. The first time I dropped the transmission into second gear going around a corner and goosed it, I'm sure I looked like the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland; I had such a grin. This car is without a doubt more powerful, responsive and refined than the 5.0 GT I bought new in 1990. I am so happy with this car I want to sleep in it. Thank you Ford!

Excellent Value for American Muscle
By Charles Starks on 07/02/10 07:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the best car I've owned! No one single mechanical problem after 5+ plus years of ownership. I had the opportunity to run this monster on the German autobahn at speeds in excess of 140 mph with the top down. What an experience. Buy one, you will not be disappointed. Great job on this one Ford!

Road Trip 2005
By Howard on 11/07/05 04:06 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

At 61 years old and recently a widower, I asked my children if they thought I was going through a second childhood since I was considering purchasing a new Mustang GT convertible. They all said if that's what you want, go for it. I did. I had planned a trip to Las Vegas and decided to extend the trip and drive. I made a two week trip covering 5500 miles from Georgia to California averaging 23.5 mpg and drove over 1000 miles on two different days. The weather was great, the car performed flawlessly, and the ride was very comfortable. This car is not the fastest or most expensive on the road, but dollar for dollar is a fantastic value and a super performer. I'm looking forward to the GT500.

Just the facts
By Ron Bernstein on 09/04/05 20:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I ordered in December. from a dealer that had no allocation. Re-ordered in April, finally arrived June. Top ripped around window, factory just replaced. The A/C was better (colder) in my 2000. No inside glove box truck release. Why only 1 rear window switch for both. The key rubs your leg (should be higher). Shaker 1000 not worth the money, besides eats trunk space. Quiet, fast, good looking; no doubt this car is a classic. Even with the faults, where could you buy a better car for the money? Headlights are great for the back roads. Backseat not bad in a pinch.This car stands out in a crowd.

The Car I Always Wanted
By triangleman on 08/25/05 13:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I can't decide what I like best about this car. I have had so many people stop and look at the car and just say "it's beautiful". Then I hop in and drive; it's a blast, it just rips off the line and handles crisply. The seats are comfortable and the wind noise is better than my old Miata. The only disappointment is the Shaker 500 stereo; it lacks sophistication and the CD player is very finicky with MP3 discs. The door mounted sub-woofers cause the door handles to vibrate and hum when handling low frequencies.

POWER!
By Retro on 07/17/05 10:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Purchased for my wife and it's an amazing vehicle. I own a Hummer and and BMW so this is the summer car and it delivers. Tremendous power, awesome interior (red w/ accent) and great exterior retro look. It turns heads whereever we go. Nice backseat room in comparison to other years models.

VRRRROOOOOOOOM
By michele on 07/17/05 08:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Mustang handles excellent. 6 speed manual engages easily. Pick up phenomenal. Convertible easy to put up and down. Ride is easy and comfortable for a sports car. Looks great too!

NICE!
By Christine on 07/15/05 22:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is as close to heaven as you can possibly get while on this earth! Though I must say that I would have preferred an original 64 1/2, this car is just as great to own, drive, and ride in. If you have the means I highly recommend picking one up; even if only for a test drive or as a rental car. This car will make even the biggest nerd feel like a star! I have been in love with these cars for as long as I can remember and this car is the only one that I would even consider categorizing as one of my favorite cars, beside the original 64 1/2 red with white wall tires and white leather interior and a white convertible top, with all original parts.

Worth The Wait
By njlime on 06/30/05 08:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Waited 3 months, but it was well worth the wait. I ordered without having driven a GT or a convertible. I am thrilled. The car is comfortable, powerful, & looks terrific. The exhaust sound is almost worth the price by itself. I get stares wherever I go. Ford has done a tremendous job on the Mustang at realistic prices. The interior upgrade package does a decent job of minimizing the plastic look & feel of the cockpit, although I would have been willing to spend a bit more for a little more luxury inside & a passenger seat with power controls.

Great Car
By jam on 06/25/05 19:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great convertible, aero design, minor wind Great performance, cool sound, east to drive, The best one yet, Ford did it right this time.