Used 2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

American Muscle
By John

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I was concerned and apprehensive when I went from a Mercedes C230 Sport to the Mustang GT Convertible. On day two I knew I made the right decision. This car rocks! The car generates amazing torque and speed. The exhaust and engine are perfectly matched; it makes a deep throaty growl when I get on the accelerator. The handling is superb. The first time I dropped the transmission into second gear going around a corner and goosed it, I'm sure I looked like the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland; I had such a grin. This car is without a doubt more powerful, responsive and refined than the 5.0 GT I bought new in 1990. I am so happy with this car I want to sleep in it. Thank you Ford!

Favorite Features

Power/acceleration, cornering and maneuverability (better than European cars), looks awesome with the top down.

Suggested Improvements

More luxury options would help like ipod control through a touch screen, phone sync, rain activated wipers etc., but this is a raw power muscle car after all.

Excellent Value for American Muscle
By Charles Starks

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the best car I've owned! No one single mechanical problem after 5+ plus years of ownership. I had the opportunity to run this monster on the German autobahn at speeds in excess of 140 mph with the top down. What an experience. Buy one, you will not be disappointed. Great job on this one Ford!

Favorite Features

The simplicity in design with retro appeal.

Suggested Improvements

None

the best car that you can buy!
By Rodolfo Fuenzalida

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car means only pleasure. I am a Mustang lover, this is the first one that I bought and I can tell you that the car is the best of the best. Its retro style and power engine only can give you good moments. Mine is convertible, then drive with the top down is really a dream.

Favorite Features

retro style, acceleration, sound, cd player, and general look.

Suggested Improvements

the automatic transmission could be better.

Best bang for your buck
By Julio

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought V6 5 speed red Mustang in 2005 and has 47k miles already. No mechanical/electrical issues. Cons: no real pick up in first gear, tires of low quality (poor track in winter/rain conditions), stereo of low quality (keeps the cds inside), some cabin noise, reverse shift difficult to engage, plastic interior of low quality, cupholders useless in current location, dings and bells for seat belts and other conditions extremely noisy and loud. Pros: almost everything else: design, speed, comfort (for 2 passengers of course), trunk space, fuel economy, reliability, etc.

Favorite Features

Style, power, and fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

Build next cars with higher quality plastic interior and stereo system

All American Retro
By K Burns

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The '05 Mustang convertible in dark red with tan leather and premium interior is a fun to drive beautiful all American "head turner". It handles and sounds great (for a V6) and its classic looks are terrific (I grew up in Detroit in the '70s, so I guess I am the target audience for the design, and they hit the target)

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior styling. Decent sound and performance for a V6. Convertible fun. Using the "SpeedVol" setting for stereo when the top is down to compensate for road noise

Suggested Improvements

The plastic automatic shifter looks like a cheap toy and is not up to par with the rest of the interior design. Clunky rattle in front end (Detroit retro taken too far) CD changer operation. Give the V6 at least pseudo dual exhaust