Used 2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Worked three summers for it, best first car ever!!
By Brian Snow

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Not for the faint of heart. A red convertible mustang (even ten years old now) still draws quite the attention. Mine is a cop magnet, whenever I even consider revving the engine I know they are waiting around the corner for the next youngster in a red car. By today's standards a 200+ horsepower pony car is by no means american muscle, but nothing beats hitting interstate speeds in under 6 seconds with the top down.
Pros: the ride is amazing, I'm used to riding bikes and being able to feel the road. Last year I made a deal with a guy, he was putting radials on his new gt and sold me his brand-new 2013 gt rims and his Perreli-nero-zeros for 300 bucks. Thus I have a nicer car then 95% of the people in town. It's a source of freedom and pride haha. But when I park somewhere everybody knows its me. Black leather interior, black roof (the fancy vinyl-ish kind, not the cloth top), and of course, the exclusive red sally paint job.
Cons: The air conditioning can barely keep up with the heat of two passengers on a hot sunny day (105 degrees), but that's to be expected with a black topped car. Also, the engine is limited in fourth gear. Ruins my fun. But then again there's no need to even be in fourth gear under 85 miles per hour.

American Muscle
By John

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I was concerned and apprehensive when I went from a Mercedes C230 Sport to the Mustang GT Convertible. On day two I knew I made the right decision. This car rocks! The car generates amazing torque and speed. The exhaust and engine are perfectly matched; it makes a deep throaty growl when I get on the accelerator. The handling is superb. The first time I dropped the transmission into second gear going around a corner and goosed it, I'm sure I looked like the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland; I had such a grin. This car is without a doubt more powerful, responsive and refined than the 5.0 GT I bought new in 1990. I am so happy with this car I want to sleep in it. Thank you Ford!

Power/acceleration, cornering and maneuverability (better than European cars), looks awesome with the top down.

More luxury options would help like ipod control through a touch screen, phone sync, rain activated wipers etc., but this is a raw power muscle car after all.

Excellent Value for American Muscle
By Charles Starks

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the best car I've owned! No one single mechanical problem after 5+ plus years of ownership. I had the opportunity to run this monster on the German autobahn at speeds in excess of 140 mph with the top down. What an experience. Buy one, you will not be disappointed. Great job on this one Ford!

The simplicity in design with retro appeal.

None

the best car that you can buy!
By Rodolfo Fuenzalida

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car means only pleasure. I am a Mustang lover, this is the first one that I bought and I can tell you that the car is the best of the best. Its retro style and power engine only can give you good moments. Mine is convertible, then drive with the top down is really a dream.

retro style, acceleration, sound, cd player, and general look.

the automatic transmission could be better.

Best bang for your buck
By Julio

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought V6 5 speed red Mustang in 2005 and has 47k miles already. No mechanical/electrical issues. Cons: no real pick up in first gear, tires of low quality (poor track in winter/rain conditions), stereo of low quality (keeps the cds inside), some cabin noise, reverse shift difficult to engage, plastic interior of low quality, cupholders useless in current location, dings and bells for seat belts and other conditions extremely noisy and loud. Pros: almost everything else: design, speed, comfort (for 2 passengers of course), trunk space, fuel economy, reliability, etc.

Style, power, and fuel economy

Build next cars with higher quality plastic interior and stereo system