2005 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
American Muscle
By John on 08/22/10 11:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I was concerned and apprehensive when I went from a Mercedes C230 Sport to the Mustang GT Convertible. On day two I knew I made the right decision. This car rocks! The car generates amazing torque and speed. The exhaust and engine are perfectly matched; it makes a deep throaty growl when I get on the accelerator. The handling is superb. The first time I dropped the transmission into second gear going around a corner and goosed it, I'm sure I looked like the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland; I had such a grin. This car is without a doubt more powerful, responsive and refined than the 5.0 GT I bought new in 1990. I am so happy with this car I want to sleep in it. Thank you Ford!

Excellent Value for American Muscle
By Charles Starks on 07/02/10 07:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is the best car I've owned! No one single mechanical problem after 5+ plus years of ownership. I had the opportunity to run this monster on the German autobahn at speeds in excess of 140 mph with the top down. What an experience. Buy one, you will not be disappointed. Great job on this one Ford!

the best car that you can buy!
By Rodolfo Fuenzalida on 10/27/09 13:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car means only pleasure. I am a Mustang lover, this is the first one that I bought and I can tell you that the car is the best of the best. Its retro style and power engine only can give you good moments. Mine is convertible, then drive with the top down is really a dream.

Best bang for your buck
By Julio on 06/28/08 20:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought V6 5 speed red Mustang in 2005 and has 47k miles already. No mechanical/electrical issues. Cons: no real pick up in first gear, tires of low quality (poor track in winter/rain conditions), stereo of low quality (keeps the cds inside), some cabin noise, reverse shift difficult to engage, plastic interior of low quality, cupholders useless in current location, dings and bells for seat belts and other conditions extremely noisy and loud. Pros: almost everything else: design, speed, comfort (for 2 passengers of course), trunk space, fuel economy, reliability, etc.

All American Retro
By K Burns on 06/18/08 14:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The '05 Mustang convertible in dark red with tan leather and premium interior is a fun to drive beautiful all American "head turner". It handles and sounds great (for a V6) and its classic looks are terrific (I grew up in Detroit in the '70s, so I guess I am the target audience for the design, and they hit the target)

Fun and, so far, reliable
By TCSoff on 04/08/08 21:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought with 7k miles, now at 26k, no major problems, just the same tail lamp keeps burning out. All-city driving yields terrible gas mileage, but cruising on hwy at 70mph, I get 28mpg easy. Installed AirAid conical air filter which made huge difference in throttle response, power and exhaust note. In 2nd gear at 3000 rpm, watch out! Very fast. Full-size luggage can fit in trunk, something most convertibles can't boast. Stereo is amazingly powerful, even on hwy w/roof down. Brakes could be better. Bumpy roads reveal rattles and looseness mainly in windows & roof. But for combo of V8 power, stick-shift control, topless motoring, mega- style and storage space, there's no competition at all.

Fun to Drive Stang
By Andy on 04/05/08 15:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My Legend Lime V6 convertible has been a wonderful experience. I bought it instead of a motorcycle due to 2 little ones at home because it has a back seat. I drove it to Illinois by myself from Minnesota the first week I bought it and put the cruise on with the top down and tunes cranked. I haven't had one repair. It is hands down the best value for a sports car! I had 2 69 Stangs growing up and this one hasn't let me down for performance!

Sweet Ride
By sandtrap on 03/24/08 13:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'm 70 yrs old and this is the car I have been waiting for. So much fun to drive, Mine is dark candy apple red with parchment top. Always good comments. Boy, could I have gotten into a lot trouble if I had something like this in school.

Flashback brings back muscle
By tommye on 01/31/08 11:26 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was waiting for a car like this my whole life. I love it. The ripping engine sound, the style, the interior. The new traction control the old Mustangs lacked.

3rd times even better
By mardabas on 01/04/08 21:17 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the 3rd 6 cyl. Mustang I've owned and this one is by far my favorite. The fit and finish is great, the performance is so far beyond my 95 that its closer to the fox body v-8. I like it so much that this is the first Stang that I'm upgrading visualy and performance wise. That's saying something about the passion this car causes in me as my first Stang was purchased in 1973. My only complaint would be the fuel fill problem that occurs once in awhile, the tank won't take a fill up at times. Overall, all I can say is that it kills me from Nov. to April when I store it.