2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Fun and, so far, reliable
By TCSoff on 04/08/08 21:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought with 7k miles, now at 26k, no major problems, just the same tail lamp keeps burning out. All-city driving yields terrible gas mileage, but cruising on hwy at 70mph, I get 28mpg easy. Installed AirAid conical air filter which made huge difference in throttle response, power and exhaust note. In 2nd gear at 3000 rpm, watch out! Very fast. Full-size luggage can fit in trunk, something most convertibles can't boast. Stereo is amazingly powerful, even on hwy w/roof down. Brakes could be better. Bumpy roads reveal rattles and looseness mainly in windows & roof. But for combo of V8 power, stick-shift control, topless motoring, mega- style and storage space, there's no competition at all.

Black Beauty GT Convertible
By Mustang lizzy on 08/23/07 09:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is the love of my life! Unfortunately the Colorado State Police pay way too much attention to it too! I bought a 5 speed & can't imagine driving an automatic. When I want to pass someone on our mountain roads I leave them in my dust & by the way - I'm a baby boomer lady. I love the shift throw & have no problem with the clutch. I do wish the CD changer digital read-out was easier to see. My only problem with this car is the convertible lock down system. I also drive on some bumpy dirt roads & the convertible top shakes & shimmys more than it should. There are also some serious blind spots to watch for. I love my mag wheels & the Bullet sound! Not much winter driving tho.

Junk
By jimbo on 01/27/07 15:41 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have always bought Fords, but this one is junk. I garage and care for my car. Serviced only through Ford, I do not beat on this thing and for some unknown reason: 1) The battery dies 2) Car decides to stop running 3) Brakes lock up. My next car is a Toyota. If Ford goes belly up after 5 years, they brought it on themselves.

Tell Your Wife
By Schatzie on 12/19/06 03:16 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Be sure to tell your wife to adjust the seat so she can depress the clutch all the way to floor for each shift and for starting car. Frantic call #(1) "Car won't start" Frantic call #(2) "Rear windows are down and I do not know how to make them go up. Frantic call #(3) overhead light won't go off and rear windows are down again. Explained the lights will go off automatically after you exit the door and showed her the little buttons to turn off/on individual lights. Also explained button that makes top go up and down and if pushed will make rear windows go down. Why didn't I tell her before? I had to sell the 5 speed and thought the A/C and rear defrost and electric seats was a success.

Best car I have ever owned!
By patricia dunn on 10/21/06 21:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have never spoken with more strangers or had more people talk cars with me than when I started driving this '05 Mustang GT convertible last year. It has called for so much attention because of its incredible beauty! It has awesome power and iI never fear pulling out at intersections anymore because NOW I KNOW I can make the turn without getting in someone's way. I GO! "She goes!" Entering and exiting military posts has guards drooling over this gorgeous retro Stang. With the top down, folks pull up beside me and start chatting about it. I just wish I had bought this earlier in the year to enjoy it longer!

10 OUT OF 10
By Steve on 05/21/06 09:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have never been so happy with a vehicle. I'm a 44 year old former 'hot rodder' who has owned several muscle cars from the 1960's and 70's. The 2005 Mustang represents the best of all those cars but on a modern platform that you can drive everyday under full warranty. I have nothing but praise for how it looks, drives and makes me feel when I'm behind the wheel. This car rocks with a capital 'R'. How Ford managed to combine the retro styling, with practical driveability, awesome performance and comfort, plus head turning good looks while remaining the lowest priced 300HP car out there is pure genius!

'05 Mustang GT Convertible
By markb1011 on 01/29/06 17:23 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is Mustang through and through. I bought this car because it reminded me so much of my 1967 coupe. I love the retro styling, and the performance fantastic. This is not a "bells and whistles" car. If you start comparing it to other mid-sizes, it won't win many categories. That being said, this is the ultimate ride for muscle car fans, and especially for Mustang aficionados.

The Pony Rides Again!
By PonyXpress on 12/02/05 18:31 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

2005 Roush GT Sonic Blue Convertible. Having spent much of my late teens and early 20's restoring '67 & '68 Mustang's, I was blown away when I first saw the 2005 retro Mustang. Naturally, I had to have one and bought myself a birthday present in June 05. I have about 2500 miles on the car and it has been flawless. It's great fun to drive and Roush has tweaked the car just right, from the exhaust to the ground effects. It's spooky, but I feel as if I'm sitting in my '68 Fastback, albeit a greatly improved version. With the flood of after market products becoming available by the minute, it will no doubt keep me busy again. Can't wait to blow the doors off any retro Camaro or Cuda we may yet see!

HOT '05 GT
By ken on 08/31/05 16:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Outstanding, could not find a better car so I bought it. I would do it over again and again. A far out automobile.

Fun in the Sun
By 2k5droptop on 06/25/05 10:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Have had other convertibles in the past - this one is by far THE most fun to drive! Exterior is stylish with that retro feel. Interior is more comfortable than I expected (unless you are in the rear seat). Car is surprisingly quiet even when driving with the top and all windows down - you can actually hold a normal conversation. Engine is strong and transmission is smooth ( 5 speed automatic). While cruising the engine is pretty quiet - when you step on the gas you'll hear that throaty rumble that lets you know what's under the hood. This car really is a blast to drive.