Used 2005 Ford Mustang Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Fun Ride
By joanne

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my new 2005 Mustang Convertible. I ordered it through Ford and got the options I wanted. I've had the car now 10 months and it rides great. I've not had a bit of trouble with it. It is my 2nd car so I only drive it when the weather is good.

Favorite Features

The whole car. I am glad I went with the light gray inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing...

Cure for Mid Life Blues!
By Jay Bodenstein

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My sonic blue, 2005 Mustang convertible is the most fun machine I've ever owned. Driving with top down, warm wind in my face (hair's mostly gone!) and feeling great as the feelings of youth return, I love my Mustang! This is the ultimate time machine. Put on the Beach Boys, or any other hits from the 60's, crank up the stereo and wow!

Favorite Features

Favorite features are My Color for the display, the 5 speed manual transmission and a top that comes down and lets the sunshine in!

Suggested Improvements

Add a few more horses to the V6 and put the radio/CD controls on the steering wheel. And equip all the Mustangs with Pirelli tires.

Wow -- why didn't I buy this sooner!
By Elexis

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've been a Mustang owner 2 weeks now and wow, asking myself why I waited so long! Jet black V6 premium convertible with upgraded interior (black leather, black top and exterior sports package. Can't forget those side airbags and the active anti-theft for the insurance break. With the new body style it is a head turner from its shiny black exterior to its trippy old style rims. The driving experience is wonderful, hard to put into words really, but you could judge by the big grin on my face each time I drive it. The MPG advertised was accurate; I get about 17 city and up to 25 freeway... the main difference is I WANT to drive it and I take the long way just so I get to drive it more.

Favorite Features

6 disc in-dash CD changer; stylish old-school rims; great gas mileage for a sporty car; sports package (tail fin, side stripe & front window decor); great conversation starter!

Suggested Improvements

I was disappointed that there was no option for an onboard Navigation system, I am sure it is a space issue.

2005 Mustang Experience
By William

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Waited several months to receive delivery on Red Convertible. Everything I expected. Have taken three trips: around Colorado (over 12000 foot mountain pass), into South Dakota and through Wyoming, Montana, Canada Rockies, Washington, Oregon and Utah. Handled beautifully! Very responsive. A solid car, corners very well (makes driving fun again). I get at least one compliment each time I take it out on the road.

Favorite Features

Styling creates attention. Windows that go up one-quarter inch when doors close.

Suggested Improvements

I have the small radio. Change the features. On the road I cannot get road information because scanning feature skips over those frequencies.

By Dagi

2005 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just got my V6 Convertible in June and must admit that I haven't been able to keep my hands off the steering wheel since! The ride is very stable. There is almost no "pull" through tight turns. The rear wheel drive makes the ride smooth on bumpy New England roads and I don't have to worry about spilling my coffee. The instrument panel design is great. No clutter and easy to read. Driving this car is exhilarating and fun. I have to get used to "thumbs up" signals, "nice car", "wow", and the likes comments and lots of stares from fellow drivers :). Negative side is that everyone wants to race you (and I am too old for that type of stuff...).

Favorite Features

6 CD changer, exterior/interior design, great acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder placement! If you shift gears your cup is in the way. The second power outlet inside of the CD compartment is a strange place. Should be outside.