Used 2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

the best car that you can buy!
By Rodolfo Fuenzalida

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car means only pleasure. I am a Mustang lover, this is the first one that I bought and I can tell you that the car is the best of the best. Its retro style and power engine only can give you good moments. Mine is convertible, then drive with the top down is really a dream.

retro style, acceleration, sound, cd player, and general look.

the automatic transmission could be better.

Best bang for your buck
By Julio

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought V6 5 speed red Mustang in 2005 and has 47k miles already. No mechanical/electrical issues. Cons: no real pick up in first gear, tires of low quality (poor track in winter/rain conditions), stereo of low quality (keeps the cds inside), some cabin noise, reverse shift difficult to engage, plastic interior of low quality, cupholders useless in current location, dings and bells for seat belts and other conditions extremely noisy and loud. Pros: almost everything else: design, speed, comfort (for 2 passengers of course), trunk space, fuel economy, reliability, etc.

Style, power, and fuel economy

Build next cars with higher quality plastic interior and stereo system

All American Retro
By K Burns

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The '05 Mustang convertible in dark red with tan leather and premium interior is a fun to drive beautiful all American "head turner". It handles and sounds great (for a V6) and its classic looks are terrific (I grew up in Detroit in the '70s, so I guess I am the target audience for the design, and they hit the target)

Interior and exterior styling. Decent sound and performance for a V6. Convertible fun. Using the "SpeedVol" setting for stereo when the top is down to compensate for road noise

The plastic automatic shifter looks like a cheap toy and is not up to par with the rest of the interior design. Clunky rattle in front end (Detroit retro taken too far) CD changer operation. Give the V6 at least pseudo dual exhaust

Fun to Drive Stang
By Andy

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My Legend Lime V6 convertible has been a wonderful experience. I bought it instead of a motorcycle due to 2 little ones at home because it has a back seat. I drove it to Illinois by myself from Minnesota the first week I bought it and put the cruise on with the top down and tunes cranked. I haven't had one repair. It is hands down the best value for a sports car! I had 2 69 Stangs growing up and this one hasn't let me down for performance!

Great looking exterior! The top is easy to put down at stoplights. The engine management during shifting is smooth.

A boring interior even with the premium package. I need to add aftermarket upgrades. Truck is good sized but very limited access.

Sweet Ride
By sandtrap

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'm 70 yrs old and this is the car I have been waiting for. So much fun to drive, Mine is dark candy apple red with parchment top. Always good comments. Boy, could I have gotten into a lot trouble if I had something like this in school.

Where do I start? Great looks inside and out, Shaker 500 system, top down.

Put the speedometer in the middle of the dash. The way it is now my hand and arm block it out.