Used Car Alternative
By Hoopty on
2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)
I bought a brand new 04 V6 5 speed Mustang as an alternative to a used car because the price was right. It is a very sharp car. Discounts and a new body style on the horizon made this a favorable deal. Wife thinks it's fun to drive too - so much so that she offered me her Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd. in exchange. The novelty of the manula transmission only lasted a week or two and she wanted the Jeep back. for the money - the Mustang is a car you can be proud of as opposed to just another econobox. I think it will resale easier too.
Favorite Features
Timeless good looks- I know this is subjective but I really like the looks of this car and it's torch red paint. Also: Good handling. V6 power and fuel economy are good. A/C cools car very well.
Suggested Improvements
Larger wheels / wider tires, better material for seat upholstery. standard traction lock differential, Slightly lower ratio rear end gears. Ford should also finish the dual exhaust on this car- it is dual up to the rear muffler and then becomes a single. It could use some exhaust sound