2004 Ford Mustang 4.6L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - A Modern Muscle Car

2004 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

A Modern Muscle Car
By sawman on

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I have owned several mustangs, the last of which was a 1999 GT which I heavily modified. That car (the GT) was faster than my current Cobra but do not fool yourself. John Colletti and SVT have a winner here. The old Mustang goes out on a high note. If you want a kick in the pants mustang with factory perfection and reliability, this is the car. As far as the editor rating on this car (6.7), the editor is an idiot. You cannot touch the attitude or performance and be able to take your (small) kids along for anywhere near the cost.

Favorite Features

The engine baby. It looks as good as it runs. The builder signatures are a nice touch. THe SVT emblems and features add as well.

Suggested Improvements

AFS wheels in CA offers replica wheels which are 10.5" wide rather than the stock 9". I added those to the rear with 315/35/17 tires and they look bada**. Also, SLP has a killer cat-back exhaust whick is quiet around town but sounds full open at throttle.