2004 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: First New Car

2004 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

Premium Coupe (3.8L V6 5-speed Manual)

First New Car
By Brent Haertlein on

2004 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Basically this is the first new car I've had. I'm 17 and have been driving a 1992 Lexus ES300 for over two years. Anyway, I was lucky enough to get this car due to some amazing deals being offered by Ford. Since money was tight, we decided to opt for the standard transmission. Lucky me. The tight gearbox was a little odd at first, but it is actually easier to shift then on standard gearboxes. While it doesn't have the full power of my old car (stupid governer chip!) I love the acceleration, and it goes smoothly to 115 (top speed) all the way in fourth. Fifth just makes things smoother.

8 speaker set-up -- Can't live with less. Leather interior -- Not as comfortable as my old car, but this will change as it gets worn in. I only just hit 2000 miles a few days ago. Manual transmission -- SO MUCH FUN!

Better storage design? -- I can't use the side pouches on the doors for anything plastic or metal, or it rattles if you have any bass on at all. Move the stick into the normal position so it doesn't feel like reaching across the car! I like to relax while I'm driving.