2004 Ford Mustang 4.6L V8 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Favorite Car I've Owned

2004 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

GT Premium Coupe (4.6L V8 5-speed Manual)

Favorite Car I've Owned
By automaniac9 on

2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought this car with 104,000 miles on it, and wow, good car for the money. It might seem like thats high mileage, but I bought it with an extended warrenty. I bought it with many performance upgrades, and I have to say it helps this car with its performance and personality. I drove a stock 01 GT, and it felt a bit boring. The interior leaves something to be desired, but it's simple and has no extra fluff you don't need. All in all, it is a good all rounder that now a days is a good used alternantive to a brand new one.

Favorite Features

The power is great for a powertrain combo that essentially is from 1999. The live rear axle is ancient by engineering points, but it keeps the car fun to drive and is more durable than an independant set up. The Mach 460 sound system is a great system that provides good bass and treble. The gas mileage isn't too bad either; I get about 21 mpg between 65/35 highway/city driving, and with 3.90 rear gearing.

Suggested Improvements

This car is cramped inside for people in the back. You can't fit people in the back unless they're under 5'7", and even then, it's not what I'd call comfortable. The front seats are comfortable but they are set a little too high, which makes it feel like you're riding on the car instead of in it. The Tremec 3650 5-speed could be a little easier to shift; sometimes it doesn't go into gear the way you'd want it to.