DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE!
By Logan McInnis on
2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)
I've had NOTHING but problems out of my 04 Cobra. It is the worst car that I've ever owned. The transmission was replaced before 400 miles. It has more squeaks and rattles than a baby's play pen. The motor has a tapp that Ford says is normal. It isn't! I haven't been able to get better than 19 mpg out of it yet regardless of driving style. Ford claims it should get 24. The dealerhip is unwilling and unable to fix the problems. I would get the car "lemon lawed" except most of the problems aren't considered "major" and wouldn't apply. I have regretted buying this car since I first turned the key which sticks! I'm get rid of it as I can! You've been warned!
Favorite Features
It has plenty of power. I love the front end of the car. It has potential to make MUCH more! I've seen these cars making over 600HP. Thats why I bought one, but the bulid quality is a joke! I bought it for the power, but nothing is worth the problems I've had with it.
Suggested Improvements
I urge you to take an extended test drive of this car before even condisering buying one. They are uncomfortable and you even have to raise your right shoulder off of the seat to put the car into 5th gear. The whole car is junk! Ford shoud be ashamed! I will NEVER buy another Ford!