Bruce's Mustang
By Bruces 04GT Mustang on
2004 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)
One hot car. 5th gear is only used after 60. It is amazing that at 80, it is turning just 2000 rpm. No joke. I took a trip at 60 to 70 mph and got 22.8 mpg. Most times I get right around 19 to 20 mpg. It is very difficult to find information about this car. How many were manufactured? HP/WEIGHT ratio. How much are the commemorative medallions valued at. I have six of them. I have special wheels bought from a noted tire dealer. I have been offered $250 or more for the original alloy rims. Why are they worth anything at all? 3 people have offered me at least that much money.
Favorite Features
It is just one fast car. A five speed with 4 low gears and a high 5th gear for 60+. The interior is clean and leather, the convertible top is very easy to put down. It is a nice light weight, easy to handle car. Imagine a motorcycle like a light frame big engine Yamaha motorcycle. That's my Mustang.
Suggested Improvements
Bigger engine like the 300 horse engine. Optional super charger on all engines. Anti-slide control like on the 2006 and 2007 Mustangs. Two tone paint or custom paint from the factory, not 3rd party. Nitrous button and delivery system. Adjustable passenger seat just like the electric drivers seat.