An ICON of FUN!
By RevMatt on
2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)
Now that I have owned my Ford Mustang Mystichrome SVT Cobra convertible for two full years, I would like to share my experience with the vehicle. This has been the most reliable and fun vehicle I have ever owned. This is my sixth vehicle purchased brand new and my eighteenth total. This is also my seventh convertible. Having written that, I would like to say that the 2004 has been my favorite. I have had ONE problem with it. A bad cigarette lighter socket! The Cobra invites you to mash the gas pedal and delivers awesome power, speed and torque. With its IRS, it also begs to be ridden hard around the twisting and curving roads along the Pacific Coast Highway. Drop the top and GOOOO!
Favorite Features
Iconic Ford Mustang look and feel. Power to spare! The incredible Mystichrome paint, and the improved control thanks to the typically non-Mustang IRS. It has a very substantial "stock" sound system. Did I mention the horsepower? With a very few mods, it easily ascends beyond 500 rwhp!
Suggested Improvements
Fit and finish! Placement and function of the stick for the manual tranny. It is too far forward and has too long of a throw. It could be of higher quality as well. (It likes to miss gears when pushed).