2004 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Good Car for me
By kari74 on 10/29/04 09:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have always liked the Ford Mustang. My first and second cars were both Mustangs. Although I am somewhat unhappy with the 2004 (I could not afford the GT), I have more good to say about it than bad. I enjoy driving it daily to and from work. Acceleration is quick with the manual transmission and gas mileage is still pretty good for a V-6. The seats aren't the best, but I'm not uncomfortable in them.

40th Anniversary Edition
By Fritz II on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought my wife a mustang after 33 years of her yearning for one. Tried the v- 6, too slow, bought the GT w/ 5 speed. Took a month to adjust the seats right. Turned a 9.3/72 mph in the 1/8th out-of- the-box and that was with an RT of about a year. Super ride, good MPH (27) the most fun car I've had since '71. No problems in 10000 miles at all. Red line is about 6300 RPM. Excellent, comfortable car.

It is what it is
By Antman73 on 10/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I'v had my 04 Mustang GT a little less then a year now. I pretty much got it as a weekend car. I have only put about 3500 miles on it so far, so I can't really judge the build quality too well. The interior is pretty cheap, with large gaps in a few spots, and the seats are not that comfortable. But it is what it is. No one buys a Mustang thinking its a Cadilac. You know what kind of car your getting in to. Its a farily inexpensive, great looking, fast, pure American Muscle Car. Not too many cars can touch this performance for the price. I would not recomend this as your only car, but as a second car its amazing. Its all a moot point anyway, because the new one are out now.

This is truly the most bang for your $$$
By andrewpc01 on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Amzaing power off the line. The supercharger is a little on the loud side but man does it ever get you from 0-60 in 4.7sec. This is my 4th Mustang going back to a 67 and including 2 Fox bodies, and by far the quality of 2004 Cobra surpasses them all. But, let's face it, it is still a Mustang. The car does rattle and hum in weird ways. I was very surprised to see subframe connectors when the car was up on a lift. The exhaust is also a little tame for the car. Invest in an after market exhaust (Steeda makes a really nice one), and go have some fun! Believe me very little on the road will be able to keep up with you.

My First Ford
By Larry Parks on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Probably the poorest engineered and poorest quality vehicle I've ever owned, it's my 10th vehicle. I've had nothing but problems since I bought the car, I actually got it in July 2002. I'm glad the dealer decided to sneak a premium extended warranty in on the contract, I have a feeling a lot more will go wrong after the initial 36,000 miles.

Mustang love
By juneataustinmustang on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Was at the dealership to buy a Focus. Out on the lot they had parked all of the Foci next to a Redfire color Mustang convertible, 40th anniversary special. It said "buy me" to me. Either that or the saleman had super telepathic powers. Dealer must have seen me coming. I couldn't resist. Really great car to drive. Want to keep it forever.

Aw, Not Bad!
By greentiger on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

well, i've had this vehicle for 3months now as a used vehicle 2003 with 30,000 miles. it's a beautiful car, has adequate power, very nice ride, but i'm now having to question the mechanical dependability since i've had to put this vehicle in the shop twice. first, the fuel pump had to be replaced after i noticed a "service engine soon" light. 2 weeks later, another "service engine soon" light. now, it's the computer system that has to be replaced. one more major repair, and the vehicle goes back. thank goodness, it's still under factory warranty!!

This car sells it self
By ddmodify on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I looked for a dark shadow grey Mach 1 for 9 months. The whole time I felt like I was cheating on my 99' 35th anniversary Mustang (Silver and Black). But, I consider my Mach to be a classy performance car. My Mach, is my 3rd mustang. I park next to corperate americas' bmw clone series (you know the dark one with 4 doors), and no one ever compliments their cars. The joke is there is a million mustangs on the road. But I've seen one like mine. (at a mustang car show) My suggestion, but a special series mustang (35th, Bullit, Mach, Cobra) Far nicer interiors.

40th Anniversary GT Convertible
By Mustang Owner on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I am a tall person and most of the convertibles that I was interested in would not fit me. In other works not enough leg room or head room. In some insances because the front seat would not properly adjust I cound not even get in to the vehicle. If you want a high performance vehicle that is comfortable this car offers that with excellent handling and powerful acceleration.

Pony Performance
By Propman on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Thos is an awesome car to own and drive. Shes very dependable and corners very well. I love this Special Edition Mustang and it is the 3rd Mustang I have owned. I am surprised that I get 28 miles to the gallon with cruise set. When i need the power, its there with no hesitation. I have had a little trouble with the air conditioning system but the dealer repiared it after several trips. I am very happy with this Mustang. I love it!!!