2004 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
MystiChrome
By rex on 04/30/06 14:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Love this car, great looks, performance, and ride. Mileage Ok if you can stay out of the blower. Never been back to thedealer.

Stangs Rock
By Danny on 04/08/06 03:50 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a very stable convertible. Very still ride, not all loose and rubbery like most convertibles and the power is awesome!

premium gt vert
By WAYNE CLAY on 04/02/06 05:56 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I drive the Mustang very little because I want to keep it really nice. It is redfire with the light parchment interior and top. The quality of the interior is not up to par with the imports, but for the price, the performance is a bargain. The car reminds me of my 1969 Ford Torino GT, which is a good thing. The difference is that the Mustang actually handles well. I think the Mustang is a great car for anyone who appreciates American v-8 power. It feels like the days of old, but with refinement.

Great performance car
By Henry on 03/26/06 19:38 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

All around, the best of all pre-2005 Mustangs. 320hp but it can be short-shifted at 2000 rpms and can start off in 2nd without lugging; can skip gears. Excellent throttle response at all engine speeds. Ride is good, not harsh. Get 25-26 on hwy. Traction control is helpful; it is easy to spin the tires, especially on wet roads. I have one as my daily driver; it is less common than the standard GT; 60 more HP, better steering, larger brakes from the Cobra, subframe connectors, better (Tokiko) shocks. Noise is a little high, but not bad on the highway. Get the 5 speed manual; it's the only way to go! Will probably hold value better than all but the Cobra models.

40th Anniversary Special
By alias on 03/18/06 10:34 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Good on the road, parking, and looks. Would buy another one.

I love it!
By raveness on 01/26/06 13:08 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have always been a huge Mustang junkie. I vowed to one day own one when my daughters were big enough to actually enjoy the ride. And finally the day came. I got one. And I couldn't say enough great things about it. I love this car. I love the body style. The factory stereo is awesome. I have done a few minor adjustments to the appearance (cosmetic things like adding decals and window scoops) and also modified the exhaust. And even though itÂ’s a v6 it looks and sounds like a v8. I get compliments all the time on how incredible the car looks. It is absolutely beautiful!

My BlueStang
By BlueStang on 10/29/05 08:46 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this vehicle for a little over a month and I must say that it is a keeper. SO fun to drive and the gas mileage isn't bad either. I am so heavy on the pedal that I can make a econocar get bad gas mileage. The Mustang likes to be pushed. And the 5 speed is fun!

Can't go wrong
By D London on 10/08/05 10:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

With the rush to get the new 2005 Mustangs, smart buyers bought the 2004 models at tremendous savings. The convertibles were well built cars with no leftover kinks from prior years. The performance for the 3.9L 6 cylinder is more than adequate and if you don't constantly 'floor it' the gas mileage is outstanding. We were able to obtain 25+ mpg combined city/highway on a 3900 mile vacation. Incredible! If you are in the market for a used nice looking sports car convertible, do not hesitate to buy a LOW mileage adult driven model. The price should be right with everyone else wanting the 'new' styles. No disappointments, and with gas so high, you can basically have it all with this model.

2004 Mustang Rocks
By Al on 09/28/05 23:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

At 6'7" leg room is a must and this Mustang delivers mucho leg room. Getting 30 miles to the gallon.

love this car
By peggs on 09/11/05 22:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I love my car; it is great in the mountains -- just pure fun.