2004 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: 40th year for Mustang

2004 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (3.8L V6 5-speed Manual)

40th year for Mustang
By J.D. Lugnutt on

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Has very peppy accelleration, good braking if not great, handles like it's on rails, has fiberglass Deck-lid and hood and rear spoiler, 16" aluminum wheels. I did install a dual exhaust system with dual catalyst 2" pipes and my gas mileage went up by 3-MPG city and almost 7-mpg hwy. No joke it made a big difference, with the factory style headers it has always been dependable, never let us down.. and at 26-28 mpg hwy. I'm a happy camper, And I would for sure buy another one when this one is worn out. Great little sporty car!

Steering, handling, braking, and pick- up/acceleration. styling inside and out. and easy to service with rear wheel drive I do about 65% of my own service at home, Oil/Filter etc.

With the 5-spd. manual transmission I find that 1st. gear is very low, it winds up to 3000-RPM very quickly, this needs addressed, as well as 5th. gear a very tall over drive, either a 6-spd would be better or a higher ratio 1st. gear.