2004 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Good Car for me
By kari74 on 10/29/04 09:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have always liked the Ford Mustang. My first and second cars were both Mustangs. Although I am somewhat unhappy with the 2004 (I could not afford the GT), I have more good to say about it than bad. I enjoy driving it daily to and from work. Acceleration is quick with the manual transmission and gas mileage is still pretty good for a V-6. The seats aren't the best, but I'm not uncomfortable in them.

40th Anniversary Edition
By Fritz II on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought my wife a mustang after 33 years of her yearning for one. Tried the v- 6, too slow, bought the GT w/ 5 speed. Took a month to adjust the seats right. Turned a 9.3/72 mph in the 1/8th out-of- the-box and that was with an RT of about a year. Super ride, good MPH (27) the most fun car I've had since '71. No problems in 10000 miles at all. Red line is about 6300 RPM. Excellent, comfortable car.

It is what it is
By Antman73 on 10/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I'v had my 04 Mustang GT a little less then a year now. I pretty much got it as a weekend car. I have only put about 3500 miles on it so far, so I can't really judge the build quality too well. The interior is pretty cheap, with large gaps in a few spots, and the seats are not that comfortable. But it is what it is. No one buys a Mustang thinking its a Cadilac. You know what kind of car your getting in to. Its a farily inexpensive, great looking, fast, pure American Muscle Car. Not too many cars can touch this performance for the price. I would not recomend this as your only car, but as a second car its amazing. Its all a moot point anyway, because the new one are out now.

Aw, Not Bad!
By greentiger on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

well, i've had this vehicle for 3months now as a used vehicle 2003 with 30,000 miles. it's a beautiful car, has adequate power, very nice ride, but i'm now having to question the mechanical dependability since i've had to put this vehicle in the shop twice. first, the fuel pump had to be replaced after i noticed a "service engine soon" light. 2 weeks later, another "service engine soon" light. now, it's the computer system that has to be replaced. one more major repair, and the vehicle goes back. thank goodness, it's still under factory warranty!!

Pony Performance
By Propman on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Thos is an awesome car to own and drive. Shes very dependable and corners very well. I love this Special Edition Mustang and it is the 3rd Mustang I have owned. I am surprised that I get 28 miles to the gallon with cruise set. When i need the power, its there with no hesitation. I have had a little trouble with the air conditioning system but the dealer repiared it after several trips. I am very happy with this Mustang. I love it!!!

Fun to Drive
By maddbinky74 on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first sports car and I love it! My Mustang and I get the attention of everyone around us. The ride is a bit rough, but it's worth it. Thank you Ford for keeping the Mustang around for me and my family to enjoy.

Diehard 'Stang Fan
By Dangerfield on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I haven't had this much fun driving since my 1973 Mach I. Still a new car, I'm learning that I like it more each day. Much quicker than my '68 289 coupe, suspension is firm, though a little squirrely in the corners, but you can learn to adapt. Driver's seat puts my right leg to sleep on any drive longer than an hour. Great sound, both from the exhaust pipes or awesome sound system. I just look for reasons to drive this baby.

Not too bad
By kmob on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Nice looking and even a better price. Fun to drive...no doubt. Horsepower is ok but I would always like more. The only complaint is gas mileage. Not even close to what the window sticker says. Wouldn't mind the gas mileage i am getting if it had more power. Overall, a good inexpensive sports car.

Nice looking car for decent $
By art_vandelay on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Needed affordability and hopefully reliability for as little money as possible, while still having something attractive and fun to drive. The car looks great and is indeed fun to drive, and I got a killer deal! Could have probably gotten more features on a Mazda3 or even a Chevy Cavalier for the same money, but will certainly enjoy driving and owning a Mustang much more than either of those cars.

Not what I thought
By stavin64 on 09/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have been wanting a Mustang since 1986. Finally I could afford one. The acceleration and handling are okay. The styling and and sound of the exhaust are awesome, but...the car has been back to the dealer 4 times in three months with engine problems. All is supposedly fixed, but no so. Unfortunately, this was a case of of fantasy being much better than reality. Back to a Honda I guess.