Used 2004 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews - 162 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

hot red
By aa1977

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car, too bad there isn't more hp, but its great! It's cute; mine is red, people love it, they always want to race with me. I have a 5 speed, and I must say, it's not bad on gas at all. I was thinking of buying another but I like the 2005 Infiniti G35, which will be my nice buy because its faster! Highly recommended.

It's cute, 2 door coupe.. 5 speed.

more horsepower.

40th Anniversary Research
By sbeard24

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car. I just drove from Hampton Virginia to Montgomery Alabama at about 80 the whole way and got 27.2 mpg with the air on. I was very impressed. It is a blast having the passing power whenever you want it. Great car...wish I did not have to drive it everyday to and from work.

Engine, manual, rotating headrest, Sirius satellite professionally installed through the factory installed receiver. Rims are tight.

Power seat controls need to go on the left of the seat even though it is tight there. Make the hood and side cowls real...look awesome, but cheap when fake.

It Stinks
By WJROCK07

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The car was ok until it hit 1800 miles. Then a fuel injector problem caused it to shut off while driving at highway speed. A couple of months later, there was a huge puddle of transmission fluid on the garage floor thanks to a faulty rear transmission seal. So I get that fixed only to have the battery go dead a few weeks later. As of this date, the battery has gone dead 5 times and the problem is still not fixed. The dealership has replaced the alternator on one visit. On another visit they replaced the radio and the amplifiers for the MACH 460 sound system. On the 3 other visits they say "can't duplicate concern". Ford = Fix Or Repair Daily.

The exterior design is nice, although it can't compare to the new generation.

40th Anniversary Special
By alias

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Good on the road, parking, and looks. Would buy another one.

Best for two folks, not much back seat area.

Have a fuel system that can take either gas or ethanol.

I love it!
By raveness

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have always been a huge Mustang junkie. I vowed to one day own one when my daughters were big enough to actually enjoy the ride. And finally the day came. I got one. And I couldn't say enough great things about it. I love this car. I love the body style. The factory stereo is awesome. I have done a few minor adjustments to the appearance (cosmetic things like adding decals and window scoops) and also modified the exhaust. And even though itÂ’s a v6 it looks and sounds like a v8. I get compliments all the time on how incredible the car looks. It is absolutely beautiful!

Love the body style, stereo, and interior.

Like everyone else I would have to agree a slightly larger back seat would be great.