2004 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Go Topless
By rockman on 05/08/07 00:19 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The 2004 Anniversary Convertible is the way to go to celebrate your mid life crisis. The styling is sleek and the sonic blue is a classly color with twin 10" silver bumper to bumper stripes. The V-6 has more than enough power and the automatic shifts extremely smooth. The convertible top is quiet at highway speeds and is so simple to raise and lower. The bucket seats are firm and there is enough leg room and head room. Forget about the back seats being comfortable, they are there for looks only, not for carrying passengers. But, heck, the Stang is for having fun for two. The interior is well designed and controls are easy to reach and use. The fit and finsh is better than some more expense car

Bring it On.
By The_Creeper on 05/07/07 22:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

To start with Cobra is not a Mustang. My neighbor's 2002 Corvette learned that lesson on the open highway. I wish I would have had this car in my early 20's and single..come to think of it, I probably don't. A thrill everytime you turn the key, add my roll bar and Saleen cover and this one turns every head I pass. Good ride considering the type of car, great and fun to drive, Too much low end torque...it just bounces when you get on it. Have had a minor problem with gas guage not moving much until a half a tank, then disappearing in 50 miles. Dollar for dollar, I do not think anything touches it.

Really Neat Time Machine
By Lake Speed on 02/16/07 13:03 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This vehicle is a great value and takes me back to when I was a kid. I've always admired the Mach 1's from my youth and this one delivers on par with the original. Superior car on the road and always gets attention. My wife digs it too!

2004 Mustang
By swimjim on 02/08/07 20:33 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this car for 2 years and it's amazing. It's everything you'd expect from 6 cylinders and a little more. And it turns heads everywhere I go!

Still one happy customer @ 90000 miles.
By George on 12/27/06 14:29 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I'm 55, after lifting the hood, I went for my checkbook. I was looking for a V-8 Mustang but not this orange beast I bought. Looking out from behind the shaker hood in the drivers seat and "feeling" the freaky sound of the machine is the only way to go. The only car worth driving period. I went slow for 100 miles, next few hundred broke it in at many, many, redline shifts to get it used to me. It loves it, nothing has broken and I've got almost 100K on it now. Why stop driving it at 26mpg? Just put on some Blizzaks! Giddyup.

hot red
By aa1977 on 12/15/06 06:01 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car, too bad there isn't more hp, but its great! It's cute; mine is red, people love it, they always want to race with me. I have a 5 speed, and I must say, it's not bad on gas at all. I was thinking of buying another but I like the 2005 Infiniti G35, which will be my nice buy because its faster! Highly recommended.

Mach 1 is good
By george b. on 11/05/06 17:35 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car. It has great performance and it rides well. I have had no problems with it so far. It is my first sports car.

Bruce's Mustang
By Bruces 04GT Mustang on 09/16/06 01:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

One hot car. 5th gear is only used after 60. It is amazing that at 80, it is turning just 2000 rpm. No joke. I took a trip at 60 to 70 mph and got 22.8 mpg. Most times I get right around 19 to 20 mpg. It is very difficult to find information about this car. How many were manufactured? HP/WEIGHT ratio. How much are the commemorative medallions valued at. I have six of them. I have special wheels bought from a noted tire dealer. I have been offered $250 or more for the original alloy rims. Why are they worth anything at all? 3 people have offered me at least that much money.

40th Anniversary Research
By sbeard24 on 07/15/06 07:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car. I just drove from Hampton Virginia to Montgomery Alabama at about 80 the whole way and got 27.2 mpg with the air on. I was very impressed. It is a blast having the passing power whenever you want it. Great car...wish I did not have to drive it everyday to and from work.

An ICON of FUN!
By RevMatt on 06/08/06 21:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Now that I have owned my Ford Mustang Mystichrome SVT Cobra convertible for two full years, I would like to share my experience with the vehicle. This has been the most reliable and fun vehicle I have ever owned. This is my sixth vehicle purchased brand new and my eighteenth total. This is also my seventh convertible. Having written that, I would like to say that the 2004 has been my favorite. I have had ONE problem with it. A bad cigarette lighter socket! The Cobra invites you to mash the gas pedal and delivers awesome power, speed and torque. With its IRS, it also begs to be ridden hard around the twisting and curving roads along the Pacific Coast Highway. Drop the top and GOOOO!