Used 2004 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My 3.9L
By whitefeather85

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

We had a choice between a few beautiful 'stangs and bought this '04 40th anniversary edition. Fully loaded with a Mach stereo system. I upgraded the air filter, plugs and oil which made a major difference. I run at least 25-28 mpg, even going 80+mph. It handles very well, drove through a wy. winter storm and stuck to the road. Gotta love my 3.9L!

The way the car makes you feel like your one with it. The Mach stereo system is a blast with the top down

Driving lights would be the only thing that would have made it complete

I've Had a Better Mustang
By rainy

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I had a 1996 GT that could run circles around this one but some jerk totaled my parked car that only had 68k miles on it. So I bought the '04 V6. Wow, does it handle differently! The power is definitely less, and the GT cornered like it was on rails. The GT also had a rear stablizing bar and wider tires for much better traction in the rain and snow. The '04 gets excellent gas mileage (from Philadelphia to Connecticut on 3/4 a tank) and is very reliable (except the CD player).

Awesome body and sonic blue color! Definite head turner. Reliability and extended warranty. The comfort level for me driving, it feels like the car just wraps around me. But next year I will be in a GT.

Put the wider tires & stabilizer on all the Mustangs. And also the better sound systems.

red rocket
By robert

2004 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Too good looking to pass up, always wanted a muscle car. A blast to drive and love the burble of the exhaust. Agree with other comments that 1st is too short and 5th too tall. Gas mileage seems to vary wildly for no particular reason. from 11-17 around town. Prehistoric technology that makes me smile.

Exhaust note as you wind up through the gears with the top down.

Front seats (comfort) head restraints (a joke), interior panel fit, storage (none)pack lightly- say 1 small overnight bag. the interior although attractive and well assembled, is so poorly designed that if you are not wearing it, you're not taking it.

Bang For My Buck!
By catpurzz

2004 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I shopped around for about 3 months and wanted another Cobra, But found this jewel, my silver GT! This car is immacculate! It has no dings or dents and handles as good as my 1997 Cobra which was the year they made only 5000. My GT is a 40th anniversary with black leather interior, excellent condition followed by a powerful 4.6 liter V8, it handles so good and sounds like the awesome Mustang it is!

Love the sound when I start it up on a cool day. Great manual tranny! Very fast for the money! I can always upgrade it's features! I plan on keeping this Mustang as a collectors!

Bigger wheels and wider tires in rear

Got to love the HP
By 2004sccobra

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I have enjoyed this vehicle. I usually drive it on nice days (trying to keep the miles low and in good shape) I have had a few problems with maintenace issues but other than that it has been a blast to drive. The Ford dealer where I take it has been very understanding. I blew up the tranny on the track and they still did the warranty work. Other than what they call "tip in clunk" I would not change a thing.

Mystic chome paint! All of the accents inside to match the paint. The HP! I have a KN intake, Diablo Predator programer, under drive pulley and tenioner pulley and it puts down 450HP and a 11.6 QM. All this HP for an extra $500.

With the IRS I found that you get a lot of clunking from it. Dealership says its normal and call it "tip in clunk" in my opinion another way to wait till it is out of warranty then charge you to fix the problem.