2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Love My Cobra
By rickintemcula on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Big fan of the Ford SVT division. Traded in my '02 Lightning for '04 Cobra convertible. Many reasons, but last of the Dearborn Mustangs, IRS, massive HP, SVT break. Not disappointed. Did add Magnaflow cat backs, looking for Steve McQueen Bullitt Mustang sound. Close. Also, improves breathing to redline. Overall, lots of fun. Neighbors jealous. Hair not falling out as quickly.... I am anxiously awaiting the next round of offerings from the SVT group. GT is slightly out of budget, but love the prototype Lightning and look forward to seeing the magic they work on the new Mustang. Wish SVT had done the Marauder. Lots of potential wasted there.

COBRA DELIVERS
By SNAKEBYU on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A MEAN MACHINE,THAT WILL PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE,THEN LOOK AT THE COBRA. HAVING OWNED 4 MUSTANGS PREVIOUSLY, THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST.THE DESIGN MAYBE VIEWED AS OUTDATED BY SOME,BUT I FIND THIS BODY STYLE NICER THAN THE 05.THE INTERIOR IS ADEQUATE AND COMFORTABLE(I'M6'4" AND FIT REASONABLY WELL).WHAT MAKES THIS MUSTANG STAND OUT IS A 400 HP MONSTER UNDER THE HOOD.THIS CAR WILL BE THE ONE THAT WE MUSTANG FANS SAY FORD PUT IT ALL TOGETHER.THERE MAY NOT BE MANY LEFT,BUT I SAY IF YOUR WAITING FOR SOMETHING BETTER, YOU MAY BE WAITING A LONG TIME.

Fun but quality lacking
By viking093 on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Rear bumper and wheel housing weak. Electric windows squeak. Interior not well insulated - road & engine smell strong.

just an incredible car
By rrrreeevvv on 09/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This is without a doubt the single most impressive car in auto history.I have owned mine for about 5 mts now & have invested in its performance.This car is so easy to get massive gains in horsepower with so little money.Just upgrading exhaust & headers I showed a 43hp gain.But the car can be pullied for even more of a horsepower gain than if you were to supercharge a gm small block.As far as comfort its a sports car.If I wanted a cloud type ride I would have bought a Lincoln.I havent found a production car yet including the Dodge Viper that can bulley this svt on the street or the track.Way to go ford svt.

it's not a mustang it's a cobra
By BIG 71 on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I had owned a 02 GT I love that car it demanded so much attention and it preformed great for a sports car under $30,000 but the cobra is the best sports car I ever have driven I will always own a cobra from here on out the speed and handling is like no other and it's a cobra.

My Cobra Experience
By Steve Barrientos on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I have always wanted a super car and my 2003 Cobra meets my needs. I have had a few problems with the suspention making pop noises and had trouble getting the dealer to hear them. Of course thats with most cars. In the past year I have gone through 1 alternator, but that may be because of my sound system driving it too hard. All in All this car is extreamly fun to drive and is an eye catcher. I cant immagine my life without it. The 390 horsepower+ can easyly get away from you if you are not careful. This care is for experienced drivers only. If you are wanting this car get it before they are out, my vehicle # is 2457 of a build of 8394.

DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE!
By Logan McInnis on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I've had NOTHING but problems out of my 04 Cobra. It is the worst car that I've ever owned. The transmission was replaced before 400 miles. It has more squeaks and rattles than a baby's play pen. The motor has a tapp that Ford says is normal. It isn't! I haven't been able to get better than 19 mpg out of it yet regardless of driving style. Ford claims it should get 24. The dealerhip is unwilling and unable to fix the problems. I would get the car "lemon lawed" except most of the problems aren't considered "major" and wouldn't apply. I have regretted buying this car since I first turned the key which sticks! I'm get rid of it as I can! You've been warned!

bang for your buck
By txbowhunter on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Interior quality/ergonomics somewhat lacking. Exterior workmanship is poor. body panels shake easily and start coming loose. Still needs work on IRS reliability and strength. suspension and drivetrain very clunky.

Ford did it right
By SilverSnake on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

The 03/04 SVT Cobra Mustang is a docile car under normal driving, get on the gas and the car just flat out scoots. The handling is much improved over the previous Mustangs & Cobra's. The interior is basically the same since 94 save for the seats, which are well bolstered (maybe even too much). When I purchased my first Mustang, a 1998 Mustang GT, the saleman told me once you own a Mustang, you'll always have one. He was right and this is my 3rd Mustang since then and the Cobra is above and beyond the shoulders of the GT. My words give the car no justice, go test drive one and don't be scared to lay into the throttle a little bit.

one bad pony
By m5tng89lx on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

think a stock svt rocks? for a mer 3500 extra i hit 502 rwhp, thats around 600 at the crank! rpmoutlet.com has the kit plus you need the borla cat back exhaust and bassani x-pipe w/high flow cats, lil loud tho. get rid of that stock long throw shifter for the pro 50 short throw, big diff! if your worried about warentee issues, can easly be put back to stock even without having a p1000 code in the computer!