Used 2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

just an incredible car
By rrrreeevvv

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This is without a doubt the single most impressive car in auto history.I have owned mine for about 5 mts now & have invested in its performance.This car is so easy to get massive gains in horsepower with so little money.Just upgrading exhaust & headers I showed a 43hp gain.But the car can be pullied for even more of a horsepower gain than if you were to supercharge a gm small block.As far as comfort its a sports car.If I wanted a cloud type ride I would have bought a Lincoln.I havent found a production car yet including the Dodge Viper that can bulley this svt on the street or the track.Way to go ford svt.

it's not a mustang it's a cobra
By BIG 71

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I had owned a 02 GT I love that car it demanded so much attention and it preformed great for a sports car under $30,000 but the cobra is the best sports car I ever have driven I will always own a cobra from here on out the speed and handling is like no other and it's a cobra.

The engine and the interior

I don't know a lot about cars so to me it is the best thing since sliced bread

My Cobra Experience
By Steve Barrientos

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I have always wanted a super car and my 2003 Cobra meets my needs. I have had a few problems with the suspention making pop noises and had trouble getting the dealer to hear them. Of course thats with most cars. In the past year I have gone through 1 alternator, but that may be because of my sound system driving it too hard. All in All this car is extreamly fun to drive and is an eye catcher. I cant immagine my life without it. The 390 horsepower+ can easyly get away from you if you are not careful. This care is for experienced drivers only. If you are wanting this car get it before they are out, my vehicle # is 2457 of a build of 8394.

supercharger, suspention

this car can use an optional shift handle for people with short arms

DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE!
By Logan McInnis

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I've had NOTHING but problems out of my 04 Cobra. It is the worst car that I've ever owned. The transmission was replaced before 400 miles. It has more squeaks and rattles than a baby's play pen. The motor has a tapp that Ford says is normal. It isn't! I haven't been able to get better than 19 mpg out of it yet regardless of driving style. Ford claims it should get 24. The dealerhip is unwilling and unable to fix the problems. I would get the car "lemon lawed" except most of the problems aren't considered "major" and wouldn't apply. I have regretted buying this car since I first turned the key which sticks! I'm get rid of it as I can! You've been warned!

It has plenty of power. I love the front end of the car. It has potential to make MUCH more! I've seen these cars making over 600HP. Thats why I bought one, but the bulid quality is a joke! I bought it for the power, but nothing is worth the problems I've had with it.

I urge you to take an extended test drive of this car before even condisering buying one. They are uncomfortable and you even have to raise your right shoulder off of the seat to put the car into 5th gear. The whole car is junk! Ford shoud be ashamed! I will NEVER buy another Ford!

bang for your buck
By txbowhunter

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Interior quality/ergonomics somewhat lacking. Exterior workmanship is poor. body panels shake easily and start coming loose. Still needs work on IRS reliability and strength. suspension and drivetrain very clunky.

POWER POWER POWER!! Fun car to drive. lots of power and potential.

Better suspension/brakes. Much better interior ergonomics and quality.