Used 2004 Ford Mustang Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Smooth Sailing
By Smooth_Sailing

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I first test drove the Mustang on Rainy day,it was like climbing into a space ship,the seats were so comfortable i almost fell a sleep,they felt like my Lazy-Boy at home,I couldn't believe that this had a 3.8 V-6..it trully felt like the power house of a big V-8..and that baby handled like a indy race car going around the curves at a high speeds on that rainy day,I could see the young sales man hanging on for dear life,after getting back to the dealer,i bought the Mustang right on the spot,Don't hesitate if your thinking about buying a Mustang,has a lot more to offer than what i say,thanks Smooth Sailing

Favorite Features

The great speed and pickup for a 3.8 V- 6 engine,and handleing of the Mustang itself,

Suggested Improvements

include back floor-mats,and a bottle of touch-up paint,for when you get a stone nick,hard to find the right color match on new cars,

2004 Ford Mustang
By Parker

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The Mustang is an excellent car for the price. It gets good fuel economy, but has plenty of power for enjoyment.

Favorite Features

gear box tilted toward driver on manual transmission leather on shift knob and steering wheel plenty of power to have fun with, but gets great fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

more torque traction control slip differentials

This car ROCKS!
By Proud Mustang owner

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This car is fun to drive, reliable, and is certainly a good buy for the price. I've never been much of a Ford person... but I wouldn't buy anything else now! It's got good pick-up, the factory stereo is excellent (for being a factory stereo), and the body style is sleek... not to mention that it kinda goes "grrr" when you start it and when you're driving. It's only a 6 cyl. but it's fast!

Favorite Features

cd/mp3 player, power drivers seat, nice factory rims, awesome stereo, power windows/door locks, security system, keyless entry (including trunk)

Suggested Improvements

The shifter (automatic transmission) along with the cd player and heat/ac controls are hard to reach if you're sitting back in your seat. My husband is pretty tall and he even had a hard time reaching them.

I Have two and love them both
By MustangTyler

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I currently own two mustangs, a 2001 performance red 2 door coupe and a 2000 oxford white convertable, both V6's. I have been EXTREMELY pleased with both of my mustangs and would definately promote any new buyer!!! Lets keep the tradition alive!!!!

Favorite Features

My car is the 2001 performance red coupe and I really like the 6 disk in- dash cd player with the mach 460 sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Could use some better looking interior trim

Disapointed buyer
By Disabled Veteran

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I purched 2003 Mustang due to promises of a very reliable vehicle and an incentive to lower cost. I have had to endure delivery waiting period of three days wait, the dealer drove vehicle putting miles on new vehicle over 150 exactly before I recieved delivery. Have had to replace light fixtures, the windows leak stains on the inside of passengers seat. Sold extra coverage that does not cover anything at high cost. Freedom ford is not the place to purchase any vehicle I have learned and I will never purchase another ford product ever again.....