Used 2004 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Most Helpful|
obsessed
By crystalnicole

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

i have loved mustangs since i was about 10. my first car was a mustang v6. but now i have a 2003 mustang GT and i absolutely LOVE it. i couldnt be any happier.. well i would if i had a SALEEN but thats beside the point. Mustangs are the best cars ever made.no questions asked!!!!!

Favorite Features

the body style of the GT... the roar the make.

Suggested Improvements

nada

Best Buy
By DBD

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a car that will fulfill all of your expectations-it is fast, fun and reliable. The sound system is great, the engine will take you wherever you want to go in a "snap-fast" manner, and tires will ensure you never have to worry about "side-sway" or slide into turns. I recommend it highly, and think that if you decide to buy one you will be nothing but a proud owner of the original muscle car!

Favorite Features

If available, get the Mach 1000 sound system. Mozart to heavy metal, you have never heard such a beautiful system in any car!

Suggested Improvements

Change the rear-end ratio to 3:55 like the Mach 1 to add some additional (although, granted not needed!) torque off the line.

Good Car for me
By kari74

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have always liked the Ford Mustang. My first and second cars were both Mustangs. Although I am somewhat unhappy with the 2004 (I could not afford the GT), I have more good to say about it than bad. I enjoy driving it daily to and from work. Acceleration is quick with the manual transmission and gas mileage is still pretty good for a V-6. The seats aren't the best, but I'm not uncomfortable in them.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel cruise control buttons are handy. Two tone "retro" styling of the dash.

Suggested Improvements

Use less plastic for the interior, it cheapens the car. Give the seats a little more style because they seem very blah.

hot red
By aa1977

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car, too bad there isn't more hp, but its great! It's cute; mine is red, people love it, they always want to race with me. I have a 5 speed, and I must say, it's not bad on gas at all. I was thinking of buying another but I like the 2005 Infiniti G35, which will be my nice buy because its faster! Highly recommended.

Favorite Features

It's cute, 2 door coupe.. 5 speed.

Suggested Improvements

more horsepower.

don't listen to any discuraging adults
By darren

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I am a 20 year old man. I bought a mustang last year just after my 19 birthday. I always wanted a mustang all my life.And when the day came that my parents let me make my own decisions i was the extremely happy. No matter what people say about mustangs and believe me i have heard them all The car is absolutely top notch. Insurance is not too bad and I the fuel economy is actually pretty good especially if you have a standard Use the same amount of gas as a v6 engine just as a hyundai tiburon V6 which i actually traded in for the stang. To sum it up: Car is great, fun to drive, good on gas, good car for a 18-25 year old due to insurance. Have fun you only get fora couple ofyears due to marige

Favorite Features

suprisingly decent on gas, no matter what websites or people say about it. just give the car a chance to proove itself. Remember if you dont harrass the car it will give you decent gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

stereo needs work but just go buy one from future shop or best buy they suited me really well with one not too expensive either