2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Consumer Reviews 2

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Spring time fun
By 04SCRMNYLWVERT on 04/14/05 19:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I love this car. I just got it about 2 weeks ago, found one still new on the dealer showroom floor. It's so fun to drive and gets pretty good gas mileage. I am told the gas mileage will get better once the car is broken in. It handles the corners nicely, and has a good feel to the acceleration. If you want that nice breeze you just drop the top and go. It's the best mustang I have driven so far.

Mysticobra Convertible is IT!
By Mysticobra on 04/11/05 23:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I sold my 2001 Mustang GT convertible and took the big step up the "Fun & Excitement" food chain. The 2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra convertible with the Mystichrome package is an amazing automobile! The 390 bhp engine begs you to bang through the six-speed tranny while the IRS hugs the road. Turn the traction control OFF and feel the entire impact of this high powered yet well mannered monster. While the interior's fit and finish need some work, the stares and pointing toward you and the vehicle makes a grown man giggle with glee. Even while parked the color changing paint and seat leather gather looks, gawks, pointing and staring. This IS the best of Ford SVT to date.

04 Mystichrome
By Mystichrome on 02/13/05 22:29 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Great car to drive. Unreal power. Miles ahead of the '98 Cobra I had before this one. K&N cold air kit, Bassani cat-back exhaust and a Predator computer tune really improved the already good power.

Cobra convertible
By BStrong on 11/15/04 01:19 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

The Cobra is IT for domestic production sports cars. Corvette? I don't think so. Certainly not when you compare price to performance. BUT, it is what it is. That is, a Mustang in seriously enhanced clothing. It buzzes and rattles and could be better refined inside. BUT, drop the top and point it to the open road, and interior annoyances don't seem to matter as much.

Power, Power, Handling and Sexy
By SVTChris on 11/10/04 12:10 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

From when you first step on the gas pedal till your rational mind lets off the throttle the power never ends. But be careful, the tires will go up in smoke just as easily because of the amazing amount of torque. The handling is superb and smooth because of the independent rear suspension. The seats provide great lateral support and have adjustable thigh and side bolstering. Great V-8 Supercharged power. The best Mustang ever that can compete with vehicles that cost thousands of dollars more. Driving the Cobra puts a smile on my face every time I drive it or just look at it.

A Modern Muscle Car
By sawman on 11/04/04 17:29 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I have owned several mustangs, the last of which was a 1999 GT which I heavily modified. That car (the GT) was faster than my current Cobra but do not fool yourself. John Colletti and SVT have a winner here. The old Mustang goes out on a high note. If you want a kick in the pants mustang with factory perfection and reliability, this is the car. As far as the editor rating on this car (6.7), the editor is an idiot. You cannot touch the attitude or performance and be able to take your (small) kids along for anywhere near the cost.

MystiChrome
By Big Snake on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Awesome car. Power is tremendous. I have the MystiChrome paint that changes colors, as do the seats! Car does have some flex and takes a few minutes to calm down after hard acceleration.

Very Nice
By AmCars on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This is my first American made sport car and I can say I really like the power and performance. I got the competition orange in a convertible. I've had numerous foriegn cars in the past but my son talked me into buying the SVT and I enjoy driving it.

This is truly the most bang for your $$$
By andrewpc01 on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Amzaing power off the line. The supercharger is a little on the loud side but man does it ever get you from 0-60 in 4.7sec. This is my 4th Mustang going back to a 67 and including 2 Fox bodies, and by far the quality of 2004 Cobra surpasses them all. But, let's face it, it is still a Mustang. The car does rattle and hum in weird ways. I was very surprised to see subframe connectors when the car was up on a lift. The exhaust is also a little tame for the car. Invest in an after market exhaust (Steeda makes a really nice one), and go have some fun! Believe me very little on the road will be able to keep up with you.

nice work
By Zac's03cobra on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Good job on this car