Used 2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

It is what it is
By Antman73

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I'v had my 04 Mustang GT a little less then a year now. I pretty much got it as a weekend car. I have only put about 3500 miles on it so far, so I can't really judge the build quality too well. The interior is pretty cheap, with large gaps in a few spots, and the seats are not that comfortable. But it is what it is. No one buys a Mustang thinking its a Cadilac. You know what kind of car your getting in to. Its a farily inexpensive, great looking, fast, pure American Muscle Car. Not too many cars can touch this performance for the price. I would not recomend this as your only car, but as a second car its amazing. Its all a moot point anyway, because the new one are out now.

Favorite Features

I know some people bash them, but the fake hood scoop and large rear wing make this car for me.

Suggested Improvements

Im sure the 05s will improve on everything that was missing from this one

Pony Performance
By Propman

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Thos is an awesome car to own and drive. Shes very dependable and corners very well. I love this Special Edition Mustang and it is the 3rd Mustang I have owned. I am surprised that I get 28 miles to the gallon with cruise set. When i need the power, its there with no hesitation. I have had a little trouble with the air conditioning system but the dealer repiared it after several trips. I am very happy with this Mustang. I love it!!!

Favorite Features

The 6 CD changer, the handling and the performance

Suggested Improvements

I recommend more horsepower. This 4.6 is strong enough but I believe more base horsepower will make it stronger. Maybe a change is some ground effects will improve the looks of it more. Its still a beautiful car.

Diehard 'Stang Fan
By Dangerfield

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I haven't had this much fun driving since my 1973 Mach I. Still a new car, I'm learning that I like it more each day. Much quicker than my '68 289 coupe, suspension is firm, though a little squirrely in the corners, but you can learn to adapt. Driver's seat puts my right leg to sleep on any drive longer than an hour. Great sound, both from the exhaust pipes or awesome sound system. I just look for reasons to drive this baby.

Favorite Features

Just enough power vs. fuel economy. 6- CD stereo. Most of all...the LOOK (and the looks you get)

Suggested Improvements

A more comfortable seat would be my only suggestion.

Not what I thought
By stavin64

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have been wanting a Mustang since 1986. Finally I could afford one. The acceleration and handling are okay. The styling and and sound of the exhaust are awesome, but...the car has been back to the dealer 4 times in three months with engine problems. All is supposedly fixed, but no so. Unfortunately, this was a case of of fantasy being much better than reality. Back to a Honda I guess.

Favorite Features

Sound system, sound of exhaust

Suggested Improvements

Stronger engine, get rid of A/C compressor noises, engine ticking under acceleration of any kind, wind noise in cabin at highway speeds, transmission noises.

Horribly cheap interior
By rickracer

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Dash, seats and shifter is cheap.

Favorite Features

exterior is sharp

Suggested Improvements

Come out of the 1980's and create a higher quality interior