2004 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
40th Anniversary Special
By alias on 03/18/06 10:34 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Good on the road, parking, and looks. Would buy another one.

I love it!
By raveness on 01/26/06 13:08 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have always been a huge Mustang junkie. I vowed to one day own one when my daughters were big enough to actually enjoy the ride. And finally the day came. I got one. And I couldn't say enough great things about it. I love this car. I love the body style. The factory stereo is awesome. I have done a few minor adjustments to the appearance (cosmetic things like adding decals and window scoops) and also modified the exhaust. And even though itÂ’s a v6 it looks and sounds like a v8. I get compliments all the time on how incredible the car looks. It is absolutely beautiful!

My BlueStang
By BlueStang on 10/29/05 08:46 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this vehicle for a little over a month and I must say that it is a keeper. SO fun to drive and the gas mileage isn't bad either. I am so heavy on the pedal that I can make a econocar get bad gas mileage. The Mustang likes to be pushed. And the 5 speed is fun!

My 1st Mustang ever
By jaosalla on 03/09/05 08:15 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I got the 40th edition model '04 Mustang & so far I'm very happy with my purchase. Plus I got a great deal on it. Prior to my Mustang, I've always been extremely satisfied with every Kapanese automobile I've owned (3) and seemed to lean towards Japanese automakers, but this time I wanted to make a leap of faith back to the domestics. I really like the recent Mustang body styles, especially the new 2005. The ride is very smooth and the cabin is quiet cruising both city & highway. It's fun to drive and it has excellent acceleration for a V6, but then the fuel mileage I'm getting is lower than I originally expected. I get about 240 city & 300 highway to the tank.

Fun to drive
By silverstreak on 01/01/05 15:08 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Always wanted a mustang finally bought one, and love this car. Fun to drive and handles well. Paint job is beautiful and and the extras are great.

More Bang For Your Buck!
By Zman4fun on 12/20/04 14:52 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

VA 41 yo 6'3 240lb MWM. I bought my new torch red, 5spd Mustang in April for 13K (newsp ad). It looks great, is comfortable and handles well for the money. Wind out the trany and get to 60 in about 7 secs. The tough attitude of it's appearance/color seems to yield me the right of way with other drivers, who don't cut me off and let me merge in traffic. Gas mileage was Ok but got much better once I put the tires at 40 PSI, although a slightly rougher feeling ride. The only problems have been that the drivers seat belt was twisted at the anchor, the repeat button only works for MP3's, and the headrest doesn't adjust to my height. The dealer fixed the 1st problem, the others are standard.

Aw, Not Bad!
By greentiger on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

well, i've had this vehicle for 3months now as a used vehicle 2003 with 30,000 miles. it's a beautiful car, has adequate power, very nice ride, but i'm now having to question the mechanical dependability since i've had to put this vehicle in the shop twice. first, the fuel pump had to be replaced after i noticed a "service engine soon" light. 2 weeks later, another "service engine soon" light. now, it's the computer system that has to be replaced. one more major repair, and the vehicle goes back. thank goodness, it's still under factory warranty!!

Matter of the Heart
By Revfuzzy on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I was the proud owner of the first '65 Fastback Mustang in San Bernardino county in 1965. Said car was then modified for SCCA track racing. This 2003 Mustang coupe was purchased as a last vehicle type thing (70 years old) just for fun and nostalgia. It's a fun drive, fairly economical and we can get six suitcases/handbags in the truck. It's not going to win any races for me but it is responsive and comfortable.

Used Car Alternative
By Hoopty on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a brand new 04 V6 5 speed Mustang as an alternative to a used car because the price was right. It is a very sharp car. Discounts and a new body style on the horizon made this a favorable deal. Wife thinks it's fun to drive too - so much so that she offered me her Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd. in exchange. The novelty of the manula transmission only lasted a week or two and she wanted the Jeep back. for the money - the Mustang is a car you can be proud of as opposed to just another econobox. I think it will resale easier too.

WOW!
By leis1965 on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

That's all I can say--WOW! This car is a dream come true for me.I read other reviews and was concerned about two things--a "rough" drive and the seats being comfortable. She's a smooth ride, and the seats are the more comfortable than any other car I've had or been in. This car has a lot of "get up and go" for a 6 cylinder, and I'm impressed at how fast it responds. My only concern is the cost to insure this car--I couldn't find a quote below $90 a month, and I have an excellent driving record. Otherwise, this car is a dream come true!