Used 2004 Ford Mustang Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My Little Pony
By Punkin

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I got this car last year with only 23,000 miles on it. I love this car. It's a 40th anniversary edition. I love it. I only travel from work to home and that's about a 5 minute drive for me. It runs well. Never had a problem. It's just a beautiful car. I like this car better than the newer models.

Favorite Features

I love the appearance. It just has this sleek, sexy design. I love the leather. The car is just amazing. It handles beautifully.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would complain about is the fuel economy.

40th year for Mustang
By J.D. Lugnutt

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Has very peppy accelleration, good braking if not great, handles like it's on rails, has fiberglass Deck-lid and hood and rear spoiler, 16" aluminum wheels. I did install a dual exhaust system with dual catalyst 2" pipes and my gas mileage went up by 3-MPG city and almost 7-mpg hwy. No joke it made a big difference, with the factory style headers it has always been dependable, never let us down.. and at 26-28 mpg hwy. I'm a happy camper, And I would for sure buy another one when this one is worn out. Great little sporty car!

Favorite Features

Steering, handling, braking, and pick- up/acceleration. styling inside and out. and easy to service with rear wheel drive I do about 65% of my own service at home, Oil/Filter etc.

Suggested Improvements

With the 5-spd. manual transmission I find that 1st. gear is very low, it winds up to 3000-RPM very quickly, this needs addressed, as well as 5th. gear a very tall over drive, either a 6-spd would be better or a higher ratio 1st. gear.

Best Car
By brieblonde

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my car for about a year now and I love it. I have not had a single problem with it. I even drove it through the winter and I manage well. Driving slow and having a good pair of snow tires really makes a difference. Overall the car is amazing and I love it.

Favorite Features

The styling. The interior design is nice and the fact that it handles well is awesome.

hot red
By aa1977

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car, too bad there isn't more hp, but its great! It's cute; mine is red, people love it, they always want to race with me. I have a 5 speed, and I must say, it's not bad on gas at all. I was thinking of buying another but I like the 2005 Infiniti G35, which will be my nice buy because its faster! Highly recommended.

Favorite Features

It's cute, 2 door coupe.. 5 speed.

Suggested Improvements

more horsepower.

It Stinks
By WJROCK07

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The car was ok until it hit 1800 miles. Then a fuel injector problem caused it to shut off while driving at highway speed. A couple of months later, there was a huge puddle of transmission fluid on the garage floor thanks to a faulty rear transmission seal. So I get that fixed only to have the battery go dead a few weeks later. As of this date, the battery has gone dead 5 times and the problem is still not fixed. The dealership has replaced the alternator on one visit. On another visit they replaced the radio and the amplifiers for the MACH 460 sound system. On the 3 other visits they say "can't duplicate concern". Ford = Fix Or Repair Daily.

Favorite Features

The exterior design is nice, although it can't compare to the new generation.