1st Mustang for the family
By Fenderboss on
2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)
Moving to a Mustang has been an interesting experience. This is the first Mustang our family has owned and we find that there is a lot of coveting of the cars from everyone. I use it as a daily driver, and my commute is a joy covering 20 miles on some twisty country back roads. There is very little we don't enjoy about the car. That said, there are probably better interiors out there as well as fuel economy, but these shortcomings are more than compensated for when it comes to the overall experience of driving a proper American muscle car.
Favorite Features
Throaty V8, 5 speed, leather seats, visibility, and driving characteristics. There are very few things I enjoy more than rolling down the windows and opening up the throttle on a curvy back road. The exhaust note is fantastic and the response of the car is sublime.
Suggested Improvements
The interior could definitely use more attention in terms of build quality. I have yet to reach out to a Mustang owner who hasn't broken or had to replace at least once interior door handle due cheap plastic parts. A bit larger fuel tank would be nice to improve the overall range of the car.