2004 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
just an incredible car
By rrrreeevvv on 09/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This is without a doubt the single most impressive car in auto history.I have owned mine for about 5 mts now & have invested in its performance.This car is so easy to get massive gains in horsepower with so little money.Just upgrading exhaust & headers I showed a 43hp gain.But the car can be pullied for even more of a horsepower gain than if you were to supercharge a gm small block.As far as comfort its a sports car.If I wanted a cloud type ride I would have bought a Lincoln.I havent found a production car yet including the Dodge Viper that can bulley this svt on the street or the track.Way to go ford svt.

Ford? Never Again!
By MrSun11 on 09/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

My wife wanted this pretty red Mustang. We needed a car that gets good gas mileage, and after seeing on the "sticker" that the V-6 was estimated to get 19 city/26 highway, we felt as though this was a good purchase for us. Well, it gets 11 mpg in town. The dealer did troubleshooting on the car, and informed me that it was getting 15 mpg in town, and 25 on the highway. So, the Ford Factory Rep suggested that he fill the tank, drive it for 20 miles or so, then refill the tank and determine the mileage. He got almost 12 miles to the gallon! Thus far, Ford Motor Company refuses to do anything else.

Used Car Alternative
By Hoopty on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a brand new 04 V6 5 speed Mustang as an alternative to a used car because the price was right. It is a very sharp car. Discounts and a new body style on the horizon made this a favorable deal. Wife thinks it's fun to drive too - so much so that she offered me her Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd. in exchange. The novelty of the manula transmission only lasted a week or two and she wanted the Jeep back. for the money - the Mustang is a car you can be proud of as opposed to just another econobox. I think it will resale easier too.

mustangs rock
By g.e.t.dudes on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

this car had plenty of room to fog the windows all around! i loved this car for many reasons.

Matter of the Heart
By Revfuzzy on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I was the proud owner of the first '65 Fastback Mustang in San Bernardino county in 1965. Said car was then modified for SCCA track racing. This 2003 Mustang coupe was purchased as a last vehicle type thing (70 years old) just for fun and nostalgia. It's a fun drive, fairly economical and we can get six suitcases/handbags in the truck. It's not going to win any races for me but it is responsive and comfortable.

it's not a mustang it's a cobra
By BIG 71 on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I had owned a 02 GT I love that car it demanded so much attention and it preformed great for a sports car under $30,000 but the cobra is the best sports car I ever have driven I will always own a cobra from here on out the speed and handling is like no other and it's a cobra.

My Cobra Experience
By Steve Barrientos on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I have always wanted a super car and my 2003 Cobra meets my needs. I have had a few problems with the suspention making pop noises and had trouble getting the dealer to hear them. Of course thats with most cars. In the past year I have gone through 1 alternator, but that may be because of my sound system driving it too hard. All in All this car is extreamly fun to drive and is an eye catcher. I cant immagine my life without it. The 390 horsepower+ can easyly get away from you if you are not careful. This care is for experienced drivers only. If you are wanting this car get it before they are out, my vehicle # is 2457 of a build of 8394.

my 2004 mustang
By roger pace on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

6 cyl. is underpowered for this weight. Automatic transmission is not responsive in lower gears and passing is not good at high end. Convertible top does not return far enough when putting the top up. Pull down is difficult for average person to do.

'03 Mustang Cobra Convertible
By The Principal on 08/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Take the Ford Mustang GT but add some real fun: buy the limited edition Cobra. Add zest: get the soft top. Want to turn heads : modify with a Borla exhaust system and hear it rumble! With 400 horses this Pony is the fastest sports car in America under $40k. Make those more expensive convertibles in the lux class disappear in your rearview.

Pony Can't be corralled
By PFAChief on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've been looking at the GT Convertible for some time. Just got out of a 4 cylinder Honda. What a difference! This car rocks!!! I have the torch red with black top and black interior. GA Dawg fan with the car to match. Power to burn handling is amazing. This is a true American Muscle Machine. I bought mine with 1,400 miles so got the deal of the century. Lucky to be 40 and get the 40th anniversary pony car. Nothing rivals it.