Used 2004 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

love this car
By peggs

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I love my car; it is great in the mountains -- just pure fun.

Top down and driver ambiance music.

Greater resale value!

Love My Pony!
By Deb

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I was looking for a convertible and test drove the 40th Anniversary in December, to "take it off my list" because I was sure it was going to be too small. Once I got in it I knew it was mine. It is fun to drive and fun to own!

I have the 40th Anniversary and I love the upgraded look. The 6 CD changer is a complete awesome bonus!

The boot flew off and had to be replaced. I noticed the replacement was designed a lot better with a sliding snap.

Yee Haw
By debville

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This car is so much fun to drive, especially with the top down. Everyone agrees it's a great looking car. My first car was a '67 Mustang and I always vowed I get another one day. The incentives in December were too good to pass up on so I opted to buy then instead of waiting for the 2005's to come out. I am not unhappy with my decision at all!

Love the 40th anniversary additions. LOVE my 6 CD changer stereo and I love the fact I get decent gas mileage (25 mph).

The boot went flying off and I have to replace it. Poor design because if it is not on perfectly correct the air catches it and away it goes!

Spring time fun
By 04SCRMNYLWVERT

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I love this car. I just got it about 2 weeks ago, found one still new on the dealer showroom floor. It's so fun to drive and gets pretty good gas mileage. I am told the gas mileage will get better once the car is broken in. It handles the corners nicely, and has a good feel to the acceleration. If you want that nice breeze you just drop the top and go. It's the best mustang I have driven so far.

Supercharged V-8. Underrated motor says 390hp/390tq but it's actually more like 421hp/420tq. Brakes. Suspension. Cobra Name. Hand Built Motor.

Interior space in the back seat.

Mysticobra Convertible is IT!
By Mysticobra

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I sold my 2001 Mustang GT convertible and took the big step up the "Fun & Excitement" food chain. The 2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra convertible with the Mystichrome package is an amazing automobile! The 390 bhp engine begs you to bang through the six-speed tranny while the IRS hugs the road. Turn the traction control OFF and feel the entire impact of this high powered yet well mannered monster. While the interior's fit and finish need some work, the stares and pointing toward you and the vehicle makes a grown man giggle with glee. Even while parked the color changing paint and seat leather gather looks, gawks, pointing and staring. This IS the best of Ford SVT to date.

RAW POWER! Fun in the sun with an exterior/interior that gathers attention worthy of a Mustang Cobra. The "sound system" is just right for cruising with the top down. Bigger and more powerful brakes. The whine of the supercharger. The ease of making a few minor changes and gain even BIGGER HP!

Eliminate some of the excessive interior plastic. Fit & finish. Placement of the gear shifter - more it back towards the driver and away from the dash. Replace the Eaton roots type supercharger with a larger "Whipple" or "Kenne Bell."