2004 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
No doubt an awesome car....
By Mr. Stang on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After driving the Mustang, everything else is just a car. Get the V8 for more power and also for that nice throaty engine sound...you won't be disappointed. The leather seats are really comfortable and the Mach 460 audio system is sick. All in all I love it everytime I am behind the wheel of this car.

V-6 = Noise, Vibration, no fun at all
By Gone Ron on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

We purchased the car for the low price, standard features and fuel economy. On the plus side, fuel economy is good and is near the rated numbers. The engine is anything but smooth, and does not like to be revved above 2,500 RPM without a lot of coaxing. Clutch throw is nearly a foot, transmission is clunky; it is NOT fun to shift especially around town. The computer keeps the engine between 2,000-3,000 between shifts which sounds and feels totally awkward. The car developed several creeks and clunks right away. Not impressed at all; I wished we would have bought another Honda instead!

MY MUSTANG DREAMCAR
By BENGALMAN on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I waited years to purchase my dreamcar a 2004 Mustang coupe, although I would have like to purchase the GT model, the base model has enough power, fun to drive, and looks great in the city or on the road. Great gas mileage on the highway, the city mileage is fair, but with a powerful V6 you must make sacrifices.

Mustang GT 40th Anniversary Edition
By grannieannie on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Absolutely love this car. Wish FORD would get a better interior panel package. Same pkg has been used for too many years. Here's a hint FORD: look inside a NISSAN. Instrument panel, dash is fully loaded not a plain Jane. For such a beautiful exterior as Mustang, should be total work of art.

Excellent!
By cyndeGreer on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent car!! I have no regrets! People turn their heads when I drive by!! beautiful car

Almost Perfect Car For The Price.
By Ireland on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great vehicle. There are definitly more pros then cons. This car is great for nicer weather. And has a great look to it. Definitly a bang for your buck. Back wheels do not grip well in rain and poor road conditions and can fish tail easily if your not careful.

I love my new pony car
By lyndadogg on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Mustang. My first GT. I love love love this 40th anniversary GT. It is so bad. Black with leather interior. SO glad I finally made this purchase. Was going to go with an SUV but once I saw this bad boy on the lot, had to have it. I am very very partial to Mustangs. Always been very reliable and fast.

The best yet.
By MustangDarrin on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is my 5th Mustang in 16 years. All have been very well built and very, very durable which is a plus since I am hard on my cars. (performance wise) This one is by far the best fit and finish of all of them. They didn't stop making the Camaro/Firebird for no reason.

By PONYDISSAPOINTMENT on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

FOR THE MONEY, WITH A STANDARD V6 YOUR JUST PAYING FOR THE NAME. ZERO STANDARD OPTIONS. FOR GODS SAKE, YOU DON'T EVEN GET FLOOR MATS, CARGO NET TO KEEP EVERYTHING FROM MOVING ABOUT IN TRUNK. CRUISE CONTROL AND AN ASHTRAY ARE EVEN CONSIDERED OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT TOO. MANUAL TRANSMISSION ALREADY SOUNDS FUNKY WITH ONLY 1800 MILES ON IT. SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THE DELUXE MODEL, OR BETTER YET, WISH I HAD BEEN INFORMED OF THE 2005 MODEL. I WOULD HAVE WAITED TILL' THEN TO PURCHASE.

LAST REAL AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR
By mike sweeney on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

there is nothing built in america that has the solid feel and performance the mustang has. there are 4-cyl turbos that can match it's performance but not the feel of a v-8 engine. try driving a mustang with v-8 engine 5-speed trans and traditional rear wheel drive and all front drive sportscars pale in comparison!!!!!!!!