Used 2004 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

40th Anniversary Special
By alias

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Good on the road, parking, and looks. Would buy another one.

Best for two folks, not much back seat area.

Have a fuel system that can take either gas or ethanol.

I love it!
By raveness

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have always been a huge Mustang junkie. I vowed to one day own one when my daughters were big enough to actually enjoy the ride. And finally the day came. I got one. And I couldn't say enough great things about it. I love this car. I love the body style. The factory stereo is awesome. I have done a few minor adjustments to the appearance (cosmetic things like adding decals and window scoops) and also modified the exhaust. And even though itís a v6 it looks and sounds like a v8. I get compliments all the time on how incredible the car looks. It is absolutely beautiful!

Love the body style, stereo, and interior.

Like everyone else I would have to agree a slightly larger back seat would be great.

My BlueStang
By BlueStang

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this vehicle for a little over a month and I must say that it is a keeper. SO fun to drive and the gas mileage isn't bad either. I am so heavy on the pedal that I can make a econocar get bad gas mileage. The Mustang likes to be pushed. And the 5 speed is fun!

The color! The stereo is great for a factory stereo. My 6 banger is peppy and fun to drive. The pony package is a must! It just makes the car look better. The cloth seats are very comfy.

Bigger back seat. Longer standard warranty.

Can't go wrong
By D London

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

With the rush to get the new 2005 Mustangs, smart buyers bought the 2004 models at tremendous savings. The convertibles were well built cars with no leftover kinks from prior years. The performance for the 3.9L 6 cylinder is more than adequate and if you don't constantly 'floor it' the gas mileage is outstanding. We were able to obtain 25+ mpg combined city/highway on a 3900 mile vacation. Incredible! If you are in the market for a used nice looking sports car convertible, do not hesitate to buy a LOW mileage adult driven model. The price should be right with everyone else wanting the 'new' styles. No disappointments, and with gas so high, you can basically have it all with this model.

Easy to operate convertible top. No leaks and the wind noise is minimal. Handling is superb with the Goodyear Eagles. The 6 CD Mach 1 music system is the best! The fuel economy was already noted as excellent. The 'Pony Package' is really something to look for. Just delightful cosmetic upgrades.

None. Unbelievable 'bang for the buck'. No need for complaints at the price this car can be obtained for. No trips to the Ford dealer other than oil changes.

2004 Mustang Rocks
By Al

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

At 6'7" leg room is a must and this Mustang delivers mucho leg room. Getting 30 miles to the gallon.

Looks sharp, fun to drive.

Maybe just a little more room in trunk.