2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Nothing I'd rather drive
By Mike on 01/22/10 05:44 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Ford got it right 7 years ago with the 03-04 Terminator Cobra. I've owned several pony cars before finally finding the right Cobra last year. All I can say is wow. Great looks, I love the heat extractors and the SVT wheels. Great sound, from the low growl of the exhaust to the turbine scream of the Eaton supercharger. Great drive, the car puts it's power down nicley, handles much better than a 3600 lb nose heavy car should. After a new supercharger pulley and an exhaust, these will truly terminate almost anything else on the road. I'm making 460hp to the wheels. 2010 Camaro? Ha!

Muscle Car Returns
By Steve on 03/14/09 05:50 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I grew up during the muscle car era when they ruled main streets all over America. With the mid- 70s oil crisis muscle cars slowly faded away. Finally, John Coletti, another baby boomer finally resurrected the power and feel of a muscle car. With a 2004 Mustang GT, I had to shift down to 3rd gear to get decent torque and yet feel more power in 6th gear on the highway for passing in the SVT Cobra, making highway driving a dream! The SN95 is the ultimate aerodynamic body style ever made for the Mustang and from the front, nothing beats the 03-04 SVT Cobra fascia. Compared to all other performance cars this is the ONLY one you could get new for under $40,000.

Got to love the HP
By 2004sccobra on 10/10/08 18:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I have enjoyed this vehicle. I usually drive it on nice days (trying to keep the miles low and in good shape) I have had a few problems with maintenace issues but other than that it has been a blast to drive. The Ford dealer where I take it has been very understanding. I blew up the tranny on the track and they still did the warranty work. Other than what they call "tip in clunk" I would not change a thing.

03 Cobra Coupe
By BRIAN on 07/27/08 17:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

It is very responsive, great drift car, loves 3.73 gear swap, just needs sticky tires. Torque is always available. Tight suspension doesn't lean on turns

What do you expect
By Big Mike on 03/31/08 16:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I picked this car up used for a little over $20k. I've put 14,000 miles on it and loved every minute of it. This car puts a smile on my face every time I sit behind the wheel. It gets horrible gas mileage and that's O.K. After all, it is a 400 hp sports car. The accomodations are a little tight for a big guy like myself (6'4" and 280 lbs.) but that's ok too. It's worth being able to drive a car in this price range that will kick anything in it's path that is standard factory issue. After all, isn't that why we drive these cars? This is definitely the best alternative for those of us who can't afford $30-$35k for a Corvette or M3. You really can't go wrong with this car!

Just plain happy
By Galen on 03/13/08 13:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Have been the only owner of this car and it has given me the most pleasure of any vehicle I've owned. It's fun when the sheer power puts you back in your seat. Only take her out on weekends since my other car's a hybrid.

04 Mystichrome
By Mystichrome on 02/13/05 22:29 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Great car to drive. Unreal power. Miles ahead of the '98 Cobra I had before this one. K&N cold air kit, Bassani cat-back exhaust and a Predator computer tune really improved the already good power.

Power, Power, Handling and Sexy
By SVTChris on 11/10/04 12:10 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

From when you first step on the gas pedal till your rational mind lets off the throttle the power never ends. But be careful, the tires will go up in smoke just as easily because of the amazing amount of torque. The handling is superb and smooth because of the independent rear suspension. The seats provide great lateral support and have adjustable thigh and side bolstering. Great V-8 Supercharged power. The best Mustang ever that can compete with vehicles that cost thousands of dollars more. Driving the Cobra puts a smile on my face every time I drive it or just look at it.

A Modern Muscle Car
By sawman on 11/04/04 17:29 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I have owned several mustangs, the last of which was a 1999 GT which I heavily modified. That car (the GT) was faster than my current Cobra but do not fool yourself. John Colletti and SVT have a winner here. The old Mustang goes out on a high note. If you want a kick in the pants mustang with factory perfection and reliability, this is the car. As far as the editor rating on this car (6.7), the editor is an idiot. You cannot touch the attitude or performance and be able to take your (small) kids along for anywhere near the cost.

Fun but quality lacking
By viking093 on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Rear bumper and wheel housing weak. Electric windows squeak. Interior not well insulated - road & engine smell strong.