2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Nothing I'd rather drive
By Mike on 01/22/10 05:44 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Ford got it right 7 years ago with the 03-04 Terminator Cobra. I've owned several pony cars before finally finding the right Cobra last year. All I can say is wow. Great looks, I love the heat extractors and the SVT wheels. Great sound, from the low growl of the exhaust to the turbine scream of the Eaton supercharger. Great drive, the car puts it's power down nicley, handles much better than a 3600 lb nose heavy car should. After a new supercharger pulley and an exhaust, these will truly terminate almost anything else on the road. I'm making 460hp to the wheels. 2010 Camaro? Ha!

An amazing SVT Team!
By rick on 12/21/09 15:46 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I loved driving this car! I purchased new and just sold due to unemployment. I previously owned an 02 Lightning. I am sold on everything that the Coletti SVT group put their stamp on. This came to an end with the release of the 2005 GT. I find it sad that folks are still buying live axle mustangs/shelby's when they had the Independent Rear Suspension for the SVT Cobra's! This 2004 Cobra Convertible was the best most advanced and most powerful Mustang "Production" car to come out of Dearborn, which shut down after the 2004 model year. SVT was special! Now, it's a badge.

Muscle Car Returns
By Steve on 03/14/09 05:50 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I grew up during the muscle car era when they ruled main streets all over America. With the mid- 70s oil crisis muscle cars slowly faded away. Finally, John Coletti, another baby boomer finally resurrected the power and feel of a muscle car. With a 2004 Mustang GT, I had to shift down to 3rd gear to get decent torque and yet feel more power in 6th gear on the highway for passing in the SVT Cobra, making highway driving a dream! The SN95 is the ultimate aerodynamic body style ever made for the Mustang and from the front, nothing beats the 03-04 SVT Cobra fascia. Compared to all other performance cars this is the ONLY one you could get new for under $40,000.

Got to love the HP
By 2004sccobra on 10/10/08 18:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I have enjoyed this vehicle. I usually drive it on nice days (trying to keep the miles low and in good shape) I have had a few problems with maintenace issues but other than that it has been a blast to drive. The Ford dealer where I take it has been very understanding. I blew up the tranny on the track and they still did the warranty work. Other than what they call "tip in clunk" I would not change a thing.

03 Cobra Coupe
By BRIAN on 07/27/08 17:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

It is very responsive, great drift car, loves 3.73 gear swap, just needs sticky tires. Torque is always available. Tight suspension doesn't lean on turns

What do you expect
By Big Mike on 03/31/08 16:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I picked this car up used for a little over $20k. I've put 14,000 miles on it and loved every minute of it. This car puts a smile on my face every time I sit behind the wheel. It gets horrible gas mileage and that's O.K. After all, it is a 400 hp sports car. The accomodations are a little tight for a big guy like myself (6'4" and 280 lbs.) but that's ok too. It's worth being able to drive a car in this price range that will kick anything in it's path that is standard factory issue. After all, isn't that why we drive these cars? This is definitely the best alternative for those of us who can't afford $30-$35k for a Corvette or M3. You really can't go wrong with this car!

Just plain happy
By Galen on 03/13/08 13:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Have been the only owner of this car and it has given me the most pleasure of any vehicle I've owned. It's fun when the sheer power puts you back in your seat. Only take her out on weekends since my other car's a hybrid.

Bring it On.
By The_Creeper on 05/07/07 22:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

To start with Cobra is not a Mustang. My neighbor's 2002 Corvette learned that lesson on the open highway. I wish I would have had this car in my early 20's and single..come to think of it, I probably don't. A thrill everytime you turn the key, add my roll bar and Saleen cover and this one turns every head I pass. Good ride considering the type of car, great and fun to drive, Too much low end torque...it just bounces when you get on it. Have had a minor problem with gas guage not moving much until a half a tank, then disappearing in 50 miles. Dollar for dollar, I do not think anything touches it.

An ICON of FUN!
By RevMatt on 06/08/06 21:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Now that I have owned my Ford Mustang Mystichrome SVT Cobra convertible for two full years, I would like to share my experience with the vehicle. This has been the most reliable and fun vehicle I have ever owned. This is my sixth vehicle purchased brand new and my eighteenth total. This is also my seventh convertible. Having written that, I would like to say that the 2004 has been my favorite. I have had ONE problem with it. A bad cigarette lighter socket! The Cobra invites you to mash the gas pedal and delivers awesome power, speed and torque. With its IRS, it also begs to be ridden hard around the twisting and curving roads along the Pacific Coast Highway. Drop the top and GOOOO!

MystiChrome
By rex on 04/30/06 14:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Love this car, great looks, performance, and ride. Mileage Ok if you can stay out of the blower. Never been back to thedealer.