2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premium - Consumer Reviews

Mach 1 Premium 4.6L V8 5-speed Manual - (64 reviews )
It's a keeper
By Paul K. on 07/22/08 11:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premium Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I was attracted to this car by it's sharp looks and great performance, and after four years, I still love it. It may not be the fastest car on the road, but it's the biggest bang for the buck, and will surely blow off most of the boy racers. The horsepower and torque figures are claimed to be 305 and 320 respectively, but the dyno has shown substantially higher numbers. This is my fourth Mustang, the last one being a 98 Cobra, very similar to this, but I like the Mach better. Gas mileage is really very good for a performance car at 23 - 28 mpg. If you can find a clean example at a decent price, go for it. I'll be keeping mine for a long while. It's sure to be a collector.

Ford does make quality vehicles
By emach1 on 06/01/08 10:52 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premium Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Before getting the Mach1, I despised Fords and believed I would never buy one. The Mach1 was too good looking and fast to pass up. Its 40th anniversary emblems with its hood scoop and awesome rims turned heads. Its performance is great as well, but you pay for it in terms of gas mileage. Since owning the Mach1, I have not had anything go wrong. At worst, the interior dashboard and fixtures are cheap and quality but not something that cannot be replaced. Tires are costly but that is one of the costs anticipated when purchasing a high performance car. This is one vehicle

Really Neat Time Machine
By Lake Speed on 02/16/07 13:03 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premium Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This vehicle is a great value and takes me back to when I was a kid. I've always admired the Mach 1's from my youth and this one delivers on par with the original. Superior car on the road and always gets attention. My wife digs it too!

Still one happy customer @ 90000 miles.
By George on 12/27/06 14:29 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premium Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I'm 55, after lifting the hood, I went for my checkbook. I was looking for a V-8 Mustang but not this orange beast I bought. Looking out from behind the shaker hood in the drivers seat and "feeling" the freaky sound of the machine is the only way to go. The only car worth driving period. I went slow for 100 miles, next few hundred broke it in at many, many, redline shifts to get it used to me. It loves it, nothing has broken and I've got almost 100K on it now. Why stop driving it at 26mpg? Just put on some Blizzaks! Giddyup.

Mach 1 is good
By george b. on 11/05/06 17:35 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premium Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car. It has great performance and it rides well. I have had no problems with it so far. It is my first sports car.

Great performance car
By Henry on 03/26/06 19:38 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premium Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

All around, the best of all pre-2005 Mustangs. 320hp but it can be short-shifted at 2000 rpms and can start off in 2nd without lugging; can skip gears. Excellent throttle response at all engine speeds. Ride is good, not harsh. Get 25-26 on hwy. Traction control is helpful; it is easy to spin the tires, especially on wet roads. I have one as my daily driver; it is less common than the standard GT; 60 more HP, better steering, larger brakes from the Cobra, subframe connectors, better (Tokiko) shocks. Noise is a little high, but not bad on the highway. Get the 5 speed manual; it's the only way to go! Will probably hold value better than all but the Cobra models.

Mach 1 Mustang
By TMG on 01/20/05 22:43 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premium Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a great car. Fun to drive and show. Great handling and appearance. I have had newer Mustangs before but this one is like driving on a cloud. I am in a wheelchair and the accessibility of the car is great. I can easily transfer and place the wheelchair behind the seat. Easily adaptable to hand controls. Would recommed this car to anyone. Love It!

True American legend
By dep4457 on 01/01/05 08:24 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premium Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

What a fun car. Who needs a $50,000 Vette or a Cobra. For the money and the power, you can't go wrong.

Nice Performance for the Price
By Mach 1 Mike on 12/30/04 10:33 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premium Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is a blast from the past. Certainly not a German car inside. However, when the Audi S4 or BMW M3 pull up next to you at a light, fear nothing! Nice 60's muscle car sound.

My Mustang
By Terra on 12/18/04 08:50 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premium Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

You know now that I think about it the car is not all that great I hate it. This new type of Mustang is a mok of the old 1968 and 1969 mustang boss hoss and 302. After seeing what the old mustangs look like I think when the spring of 2005 ends I'm returning it for a Dodge turbo Neon.