2004 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Favorite Car I've Owned
By automaniac9 on 01/19/14 13:16 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought this car with 104,000 miles on it, and wow, good car for the money. It might seem like thats high mileage, but I bought it with an extended warrenty. I bought it with many performance upgrades, and I have to say it helps this car with its performance and personality. I drove a stock 01 GT, and it felt a bit boring. The interior leaves something to be desired, but it's simple and has no extra fluff you don't need. All in all, it is a good all rounder that now a days is a good used alternantive to a brand new one.

1st Mustang for the family
By Fenderboss on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Moving to a Mustang has been an interesting experience. This is the first Mustang our family has owned and we find that there is a lot of coveting of the cars from everyone. I use it as a daily driver, and my commute is a joy covering 20 miles on some twisty country back roads. There is very little we don't enjoy about the car. That said, there are probably better interiors out there as well as fuel economy, but these shortcomings are more than compensated for when it comes to the overall experience of driving a proper American muscle car.

Best of the Best
By Jason on 12/09/09 11:25 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is by far my favorite model of mustang. I've owned several years of the mustang almost every year from 84- 04 and this one takes the cake by far.

It Kicks and Screams Just Like New.
By Allen Patterson on 12/01/04 17:11 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This vehicle truly owns the road. It's the Ford MUSTANG GT with a healthy kick of 2000's technology. It kicks and screams just like the day it was born. To prove it this might convince you I was pulled over today dec. 1 2004 by an officer not too far from the Whitestone bridge for speeding. It kicks and screams just like the day it was born. That all american V-8 engine, floor it and hear that growl like no other. The All American classic FORD MUSTANG! It's our last American muscle car. It's forever in our hearts. I love the pony logo on the seats and steering wheel.

40th Anniversary Edition
By Fritz II on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought my wife a mustang after 33 years of her yearning for one. Tried the v- 6, too slow, bought the GT w/ 5 speed. Took a month to adjust the seats right. Turned a 9.3/72 mph in the 1/8th out-of- the-box and that was with an RT of about a year. Super ride, good MPH (27) the most fun car I've had since '71. No problems in 10000 miles at all. Red line is about 6300 RPM. Excellent, comfortable car.

It is what it is
By Antman73 on 10/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I'v had my 04 Mustang GT a little less then a year now. I pretty much got it as a weekend car. I have only put about 3500 miles on it so far, so I can't really judge the build quality too well. The interior is pretty cheap, with large gaps in a few spots, and the seats are not that comfortable. But it is what it is. No one buys a Mustang thinking its a Cadilac. You know what kind of car your getting in to. Its a farily inexpensive, great looking, fast, pure American Muscle Car. Not too many cars can touch this performance for the price. I would not recomend this as your only car, but as a second car its amazing. Its all a moot point anyway, because the new one are out now.

Pony Performance
By Propman on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Thos is an awesome car to own and drive. Shes very dependable and corners very well. I love this Special Edition Mustang and it is the 3rd Mustang I have owned. I am surprised that I get 28 miles to the gallon with cruise set. When i need the power, its there with no hesitation. I have had a little trouble with the air conditioning system but the dealer repiared it after several trips. I am very happy with this Mustang. I love it!!!

Diehard 'Stang Fan
By Dangerfield on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I haven't had this much fun driving since my 1973 Mach I. Still a new car, I'm learning that I like it more each day. Much quicker than my '68 289 coupe, suspension is firm, though a little squirrely in the corners, but you can learn to adapt. Driver's seat puts my right leg to sleep on any drive longer than an hour. Great sound, both from the exhaust pipes or awesome sound system. I just look for reasons to drive this baby.

Not what I thought
By stavin64 on 09/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have been wanting a Mustang since 1986. Finally I could afford one. The acceleration and handling are okay. The styling and and sound of the exhaust are awesome, but...the car has been back to the dealer 4 times in three months with engine problems. All is supposedly fixed, but no so. Unfortunately, this was a case of of fantasy being much better than reality. Back to a Honda I guess.

Horribly cheap interior
By rickracer on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Dash, seats and shifter is cheap.