Used 2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Good Car for me
By kari74

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have always liked the Ford Mustang. My first and second cars were both Mustangs. Although I am somewhat unhappy with the 2004 (I could not afford the GT), I have more good to say about it than bad. I enjoy driving it daily to and from work. Acceleration is quick with the manual transmission and gas mileage is still pretty good for a V-6. The seats aren't the best, but I'm not uncomfortable in them.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel cruise control buttons are handy. Two tone "retro" styling of the dash.

Suggested Improvements

Use less plastic for the interior, it cheapens the car. Give the seats a little more style because they seem very blah.

Fun to Drive
By maddbinky74

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first sports car and I love it! My Mustang and I get the attention of everyone around us. The ride is a bit rough, but it's worth it. Thank you Ford for keeping the Mustang around for me and my family to enjoy.

Favorite Features

Power and kick'n sound system

Not too bad
By kmob

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Nice looking and even a better price. Fun to drive...no doubt. Horsepower is ok but I would always like more. The only complaint is gas mileage. Not even close to what the window sticker says. Wouldn't mind the gas mileage i am getting if it had more power. Overall, a good inexpensive sports car.

Favorite Features

Looks sharp.

Suggested Improvements

More power or better fuel mileage, you choose.

Nice looking car for decent $
By art_vandelay

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Needed affordability and hopefully reliability for as little money as possible, while still having something attractive and fun to drive. The car looks great and is indeed fun to drive, and I got a killer deal! Could have probably gotten more features on a Mazda3 or even a Chevy Cavalier for the same money, but will certainly enjoy driving and owning a Mustang much more than either of those cars.

Favorite Features

Body style, 40th Anniversary badging, sound of engine, cornering.

Suggested Improvements

Build a more attractive AND solid interior. It just seems downright cheap inside.

Bang For The Buck
By bang4thebuck

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe Deluxe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I've had several new Porschs, Bmw's. Vintage Jags, Masarati, This mustang will be my teenage daughters first car in 3 years I love this lil' car it is fun to drive, the rag top is a good rush and it's for cheap for what you get the bang for the buck is good. It's smooth on the highway-I have the 6 cyl (so my daugher doesn't have over the top HP) it cruizes at 80+ smooth and easy. I read the editors negative comments on the interior finish -and really disagree --it's fine.

Favorite Features

Windows & top quick, Air nice and cold, extra 12v in box handy for cell phone ,seperate truck clicker-pop open nice touch, in dash 6cd really ez

Suggested Improvements

Little knob that releases seat to get into the back seat -flimsy and placed badly, power seat controls better placed on side not in front, "sound" of exhaust seems odd (whimpie?) re-tune