Used 2004 Ford Mustang Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

GO FOR THE 04!
By STEVE

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

With this 05 Mustang craze, you can steal an 04 right now! This V6 is quite spry with the 5-speed. Very good off the line. Drove the Automatic, only felt slightly quicker then my 03 Chevy Malibu. This car handles excellent, hopefully it wont be too terrible in the winter. Looks very sharp, interior is basic, but it works in an old muscle car sort of way. Not bad every day transportation, I put a five year old in the back, he does not care, but backseat not a good idea for larger people. Traded in a boring Hyundai Sonata for this, don't miss it at all, BORING! This is a great mid-life crisis vehicle, love driving to work every day.

Favorite Features

Responsive Steering, Good pickup 5 speed a must. Excellent styling, sufficient interior. A terrific bargain. Fun car to drive.

Suggested Improvements

clutch can be tiring in traffic. Wife can drive stick, but does not like this one. Good news for me, I get to drive it every day.

Stangn'
By monksta

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Bought it......loved it....what more can i say.....i would recommend it to a friend, an enemy so i could make new friends:)......from the V6 to the Cobra its all good......although i bet the Cobra is funner

Favorite Features

the body styling

Suggested Improvements

more back room

Ford? Never Again!
By MrSun11

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

My wife wanted this pretty red Mustang. We needed a car that gets good gas mileage, and after seeing on the "sticker" that the V-6 was estimated to get 19 city/26 highway, we felt as though this was a good purchase for us. Well, it gets 11 mpg in town. The dealer did troubleshooting on the car, and informed me that it was getting 15 mpg in town, and 25 on the highway. So, the Ford Factory Rep suggested that he fill the tank, drive it for 20 miles or so, then refill the tank and determine the mileage. He got almost 12 miles to the gallon! Thus far, Ford Motor Company refuses to do anything else.

Favorite Features

Looks

Suggested Improvements

Have Toyota or Honda build the drivetrain!

its a great car
By badboi904

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

it's a good car but sucks up alot of gas you guys need to find a better way to reserve gas but other then that it is an excellent car.

40th Anniversary
By Randraven

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the 40th Anniversary Edition 5 speed Coupe and I love it...Its got leather, Mach 1000 sound,all the goodies.It had 5 miles on it a 4 days ago, Now I'm at 300. I almost slept in it last night...Seriously though, Buy the right car and it is "True Love".I could'nt have made a better choice.

Favorite Features

(((((((( MACH 1000 SOUND )))))))))

Suggested Improvements

Dash is a little far and back seat is tight but who is gonna be in the back?