Used 2004 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Best shape its ever been in...
By WASaproudowner

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I HAD a 2004 GT until last week when my girlfriend totaled it. she was t- boned it went air-borne did 5 flips and landed upside down. that car saved her life however and even though its a total loss its the best shape i've ever seen it in

Favorite Features

Loved the way it sounded. it had a lot of power. was able to withstand 7 flips and save my girl's life

Suggested Improvements

not a thing

Bang For My Buck!
By catpurzz

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I shopped around for about 3 months and wanted another Cobra, But found this jewel, my silver GT! This car is immacculate! It has no dings or dents and handles as good as my 1997 Cobra which was the year they made only 5000. My GT is a 40th anniversary with black leather interior, excellent condition followed by a powerful 4.6 liter V8, it handles so good and sounds like the awesome Mustang it is!

Favorite Features

Love the sound when I start it up on a cool day. Great manual tranny! Very fast for the money! I can always upgrade it's features! I plan on keeping this Mustang as a collectors!

Suggested Improvements

Bigger wheels and wider tires in rear

Dixie's review
By deal

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This was the first new car that I ever bought. In the nearly 4 years that I have owned Dixie (My wife named the car), I have not had one single problem. Well worth the wait to purchase a new mustang. Dixie is now and will always be a part of the family. I love my Mustang!

Favorite Features

Lots of power to go along with the low stance.

40th Anniversary Research
By sbeard24

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car. I just drove from Hampton Virginia to Montgomery Alabama at about 80 the whole way and got 27.2 mpg with the air on. I was very impressed. It is a blast having the passing power whenever you want it. Great car...wish I did not have to drive it everyday to and from work.

Favorite Features

Engine, manual, rotating headrest, Sirius satellite professionally installed through the factory installed receiver. Rims are tight.

Suggested Improvements

Power seat controls need to go on the left of the seat even though it is tight there. Make the hood and side cowls real...look awesome, but cheap when fake.

My GT
By semaj281

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

If you're looking for a cheap, reliable, fun-to-drive performance car that's not too hard on gas, then this is your car. This car looks good from the inside and out and the exhaust note I hear everytime I start it is like therapy. Everything is set up perfectly for the young enthusiast.

Favorite Features

The power output The exhaust note Exterior design Reasonable price tag Mach 460 stereo

Suggested Improvements

shifter position seats transmission/drivetrain refinement the car squeaks and rattles over bumps