2004 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
My First Car
By Mustang04 on 06/24/10 07:32 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

My parents bought this car for me for my first car. I am definitely a car person and was thrilled to get a Mustang. This car is so reliable. Every time I need to go somewhere I know that it will get me there safely. I also get excellent gas mileage. I usually get between 23 and 26 highway driving.If you take good care of your Mustang and treat it right you will not have any problems.

My Mustang gets 22.23 MPG over two years
By Shirley on 04/25/10 01:26 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

My Mustang gets 22.23 MPG over two years. This is a fact. I've kept careful and accurate records. Regular gas. I don't remember which coupe I have. It's the anniversary issue. Red. I love it.

love it
By MY FIRST CAR on 04/12/10 20:16 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

My parents got me this car for my first one, and let me say they shouldn't have it has way more horsepower then i need but i don't care i like it. It runs great is very smooth and sounds great. I love the white color it is just a great car. I want to keep it and give it to my son or daughter

don't listen to any discuraging adults
By darren on 01/24/10 09:06 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I am a 20 year old man. I bought a mustang last year just after my 19 birthday. I always wanted a mustang all my life.And when the day came that my parents let me make my own decisions i was the extremely happy. No matter what people say about mustangs and believe me i have heard them all The car is absolutely top notch. Insurance is not too bad and I the fuel economy is actually pretty good especially if you have a standard Use the same amount of gas as a v6 engine just as a hyundai tiburon V6 which i actually traded in for the stang. To sum it up: Car is great, fun to drive, good on gas, good car for a 18-25 year old due to insurance. Have fun you only get fora couple ofyears due to marige

I've Had a Better Mustang
By rainy on 11/20/08 22:13 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I had a 1996 GT that could run circles around this one but some jerk totaled my parked car that only had 68k miles on it. So I bought the '04 V6. Wow, does it handle differently! The power is definitely less, and the GT cornered like it was on rails. The GT also had a rear stablizing bar and wider tires for much better traction in the rain and snow. The '04 gets excellent gas mileage (from Philadelphia to Connecticut on 3/4 a tank) and is very reliable (except the CD player).

My Little Pony
By Punkin on 10/05/08 12:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I got this car last year with only 23,000 miles on it. I love this car. It's a 40th anniversary edition. I love it. I only travel from work to home and that's about a 5 minute drive for me. It runs well. Never had a problem. It's just a beautiful car. I like this car better than the newer models.

40th year for Mustang
By J.D. Lugnutt on 06/15/08 21:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Has very peppy accelleration, good braking if not great, handles like it's on rails, has fiberglass Deck-lid and hood and rear spoiler, 16" aluminum wheels. I did install a dual exhaust system with dual catalyst 2" pipes and my gas mileage went up by 3-MPG city and almost 7-mpg hwy. No joke it made a big difference, with the factory style headers it has always been dependable, never let us down.. and at 26-28 mpg hwy. I'm a happy camper, And I would for sure buy another one when this one is worn out. Great little sporty car!

Best Car
By brieblonde on 05/14/08 06:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my car for about a year now and I love it. I have not had a single problem with it. I even drove it through the winter and I manage well. Driving slow and having a good pair of snow tires really makes a difference. Overall the car is amazing and I love it.

hot red
By aa1977 on 12/15/06 06:01 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car, too bad there isn't more hp, but its great! It's cute; mine is red, people love it, they always want to race with me. I have a 5 speed, and I must say, it's not bad on gas at all. I was thinking of buying another but I like the 2005 Infiniti G35, which will be my nice buy because its faster! Highly recommended.

It Stinks
By WJROCK07 on 05/16/06 22:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The car was ok until it hit 1800 miles. Then a fuel injector problem caused it to shut off while driving at highway speed. A couple of months later, there was a huge puddle of transmission fluid on the garage floor thanks to a faulty rear transmission seal. So I get that fixed only to have the battery go dead a few weeks later. As of this date, the battery has gone dead 5 times and the problem is still not fixed. The dealership has replaced the alternator on one visit. On another visit they replaced the radio and the amplifiers for the MACH 460 sound system. On the 3 other visits they say "can't duplicate concern". Ford = Fix Or Repair Daily.