2004 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Favorite Car I've Owned
By automaniac9 on 01/19/14 13:16 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought this car with 104,000 miles on it, and wow, good car for the money. It might seem like thats high mileage, but I bought it with an extended warrenty. I bought it with many performance upgrades, and I have to say it helps this car with its performance and personality. I drove a stock 01 GT, and it felt a bit boring. The interior leaves something to be desired, but it's simple and has no extra fluff you don't need. All in all, it is a good all rounder that now a days is a good used alternantive to a brand new one.

Best shape its ever been in...
By WASaproudowner on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I HAD a 2004 GT until last week when my girlfriend totaled it. she was t- boned it went air-borne did 5 flips and landed upside down. that car saved her life however and even though its a total loss its the best shape i've ever seen it in

1st Mustang for the family
By Fenderboss on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Moving to a Mustang has been an interesting experience. This is the first Mustang our family has owned and we find that there is a lot of coveting of the cars from everyone. I use it as a daily driver, and my commute is a joy covering 20 miles on some twisty country back roads. There is very little we don't enjoy about the car. That said, there are probably better interiors out there as well as fuel economy, but these shortcomings are more than compensated for when it comes to the overall experience of driving a proper American muscle car.

My First Car
By Mustang04 on 06/24/10 07:32 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

My parents bought this car for me for my first car. I am definitely a car person and was thrilled to get a Mustang. This car is so reliable. Every time I need to go somewhere I know that it will get me there safely. I also get excellent gas mileage. I usually get between 23 and 26 highway driving.If you take good care of your Mustang and treat it right you will not have any problems.

My Mustang gets 22.23 MPG over two years
By Shirley on 04/25/10 01:26 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

My Mustang gets 22.23 MPG over two years. This is a fact. I've kept careful and accurate records. Regular gas. I don't remember which coupe I have. It's the anniversary issue. Red. I love it.

love it
By MY FIRST CAR on 04/12/10 20:16 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

My parents got me this car for my first one, and let me say they shouldn't have it has way more horsepower then i need but i don't care i like it. It runs great is very smooth and sounds great. I love the white color it is just a great car. I want to keep it and give it to my son or daughter

don't listen to any discuraging adults
By darren on 01/24/10 09:06 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I am a 20 year old man. I bought a mustang last year just after my 19 birthday. I always wanted a mustang all my life.And when the day came that my parents let me make my own decisions i was the extremely happy. No matter what people say about mustangs and believe me i have heard them all The car is absolutely top notch. Insurance is not too bad and I the fuel economy is actually pretty good especially if you have a standard Use the same amount of gas as a v6 engine just as a hyundai tiburon V6 which i actually traded in for the stang. To sum it up: Car is great, fun to drive, good on gas, good car for a 18-25 year old due to insurance. Have fun you only get fora couple ofyears due to marige

Best of the Best
By Jason on 12/09/09 11:25 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is by far my favorite model of mustang. I've owned several years of the mustang almost every year from 84- 04 and this one takes the cake by far.

I've Had a Better Mustang
By rainy on 11/20/08 22:13 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I had a 1996 GT that could run circles around this one but some jerk totaled my parked car that only had 68k miles on it. So I bought the '04 V6. Wow, does it handle differently! The power is definitely less, and the GT cornered like it was on rails. The GT also had a rear stablizing bar and wider tires for much better traction in the rain and snow. The '04 gets excellent gas mileage (from Philadelphia to Connecticut on 3/4 a tank) and is very reliable (except the CD player).

Bang For My Buck!
By catpurzz on 10/29/08 13:09 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I shopped around for about 3 months and wanted another Cobra, But found this jewel, my silver GT! This car is immacculate! It has no dings or dents and handles as good as my 1997 Cobra which was the year they made only 5000. My GT is a 40th anniversary with black leather interior, excellent condition followed by a powerful 4.6 liter V8, it handles so good and sounds like the awesome Mustang it is!