2004 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
An amazing SVT Team!
By rick on 12/21/09 15:46 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I loved driving this car! I purchased new and just sold due to unemployment. I previously owned an 02 Lightning. I am sold on everything that the Coletti SVT group put their stamp on. This came to an end with the release of the 2005 GT. I find it sad that folks are still buying live axle mustangs/shelby's when they had the Independent Rear Suspension for the SVT Cobra's! This 2004 Cobra Convertible was the best most advanced and most powerful Mustang "Production" car to come out of Dearborn, which shut down after the 2004 model year. SVT was special! Now, it's a badge.

Bring it On.
By The_Creeper on 05/07/07 22:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

To start with Cobra is not a Mustang. My neighbor's 2002 Corvette learned that lesson on the open highway. I wish I would have had this car in my early 20's and single..come to think of it, I probably don't. A thrill everytime you turn the key, add my roll bar and Saleen cover and this one turns every head I pass. Good ride considering the type of car, great and fun to drive, Too much low end torque...it just bounces when you get on it. Have had a minor problem with gas guage not moving much until a half a tank, then disappearing in 50 miles. Dollar for dollar, I do not think anything touches it.

An ICON of FUN!
By RevMatt on 06/08/06 21:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Now that I have owned my Ford Mustang Mystichrome SVT Cobra convertible for two full years, I would like to share my experience with the vehicle. This has been the most reliable and fun vehicle I have ever owned. This is my sixth vehicle purchased brand new and my eighteenth total. This is also my seventh convertible. Having written that, I would like to say that the 2004 has been my favorite. I have had ONE problem with it. A bad cigarette lighter socket! The Cobra invites you to mash the gas pedal and delivers awesome power, speed and torque. With its IRS, it also begs to be ridden hard around the twisting and curving roads along the Pacific Coast Highway. Drop the top and GOOOO!

MystiChrome
By rex on 04/30/06 14:49 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Love this car, great looks, performance, and ride. Mileage Ok if you can stay out of the blower. Never been back to thedealer.

Spring time fun
By 04SCRMNYLWVERT on 04/14/05 19:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I love this car. I just got it about 2 weeks ago, found one still new on the dealer showroom floor. It's so fun to drive and gets pretty good gas mileage. I am told the gas mileage will get better once the car is broken in. It handles the corners nicely, and has a good feel to the acceleration. If you want that nice breeze you just drop the top and go. It's the best mustang I have driven so far.

Mysticobra Convertible is IT!
By Mysticobra on 04/11/05 23:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I sold my 2001 Mustang GT convertible and took the big step up the "Fun & Excitement" food chain. The 2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra convertible with the Mystichrome package is an amazing automobile! The 390 bhp engine begs you to bang through the six-speed tranny while the IRS hugs the road. Turn the traction control OFF and feel the entire impact of this high powered yet well mannered monster. While the interior's fit and finish need some work, the stares and pointing toward you and the vehicle makes a grown man giggle with glee. Even while parked the color changing paint and seat leather gather looks, gawks, pointing and staring. This IS the best of Ford SVT to date.

Cobra convertible
By BStrong on 11/15/04 01:19 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

The Cobra is IT for domestic production sports cars. Corvette? I don't think so. Certainly not when you compare price to performance. BUT, it is what it is. That is, a Mustang in seriously enhanced clothing. It buzzes and rattles and could be better refined inside. BUT, drop the top and point it to the open road, and interior annoyances don't seem to matter as much.

MystiChrome
By Big Snake on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Awesome car. Power is tremendous. I have the MystiChrome paint that changes colors, as do the seats! Car does have some flex and takes a few minutes to calm down after hard acceleration.

Very Nice
By AmCars on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This is my first American made sport car and I can say I really like the power and performance. I got the competition orange in a convertible. I've had numerous foriegn cars in the past but my son talked me into buying the SVT and I enjoy driving it.

This is truly the most bang for your $$$
By andrewpc01 on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Amzaing power off the line. The supercharger is a little on the loud side but man does it ever get you from 0-60 in 4.7sec. This is my 4th Mustang going back to a 67 and including 2 Fox bodies, and by far the quality of 2004 Cobra surpasses them all. But, let's face it, it is still a Mustang. The car does rattle and hum in weird ways. I was very surprised to see subframe connectors when the car was up on a lift. The exhaust is also a little tame for the car. Invest in an after market exhaust (Steeda makes a really nice one), and go have some fun! Believe me very little on the road will be able to keep up with you.

1 2 3 4 5 next »