2004 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
My 3.9L
By whitefeather85 on 02/24/09 08:02 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

We had a choice between a few beautiful 'stangs and bought this '04 40th anniversary edition. Fully loaded with a Mach stereo system. I upgraded the air filter, plugs and oil which made a major difference. I run at least 25-28 mpg, even going 80+mph. It handles very well, drove through a wy. winter storm and stuck to the road. Gotta love my 3.9L!

Go Topless
By rockman on 05/08/07 00:19 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

The 2004 Anniversary Convertible is the way to go to celebrate your mid life crisis. The styling is sleek and the sonic blue is a classly color with twin 10" silver bumper to bumper stripes. The V-6 has more than enough power and the automatic shifts extremely smooth. The convertible top is quiet at highway speeds and is so simple to raise and lower. The bucket seats are firm and there is enough leg room and head room. Forget about the back seats being comfortable, they are there for looks only, not for carrying passengers. But, heck, the Stang is for having fun for two. The interior is well designed and controls are easy to reach and use. The fit and finsh is better than some more expense car

2004 Mustang
By swimjim on 02/08/07 20:33 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this car for 2 years and it's amazing. It's everything you'd expect from 6 cylinders and a little more. And it turns heads everywhere I go!

Can't go wrong
By D London on 10/08/05 10:07 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

With the rush to get the new 2005 Mustangs, smart buyers bought the 2004 models at tremendous savings. The convertibles were well built cars with no leftover kinks from prior years. The performance for the 3.9L 6 cylinder is more than adequate and if you don't constantly 'floor it' the gas mileage is outstanding. We were able to obtain 25+ mpg combined city/highway on a 3900 mile vacation. Incredible! If you are in the market for a used nice looking sports car convertible, do not hesitate to buy a LOW mileage adult driven model. The price should be right with everyone else wanting the 'new' styles. No disappointments, and with gas so high, you can basically have it all with this model.

2004 Mustang Rocks
By Al on 09/28/05 23:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

At 6'7" leg room is a must and this Mustang delivers mucho leg room. Getting 30 miles to the gallon.

love this car
By peggs on 09/11/05 22:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I love my car; it is great in the mountains -- just pure fun.

Love My Pony!
By Deb on 05/31/05 11:53 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I was looking for a convertible and test drove the 40th Anniversary in December, to "take it off my list" because I was sure it was going to be too small. Once I got in it I knew it was mine. It is fun to drive and fun to own!

Yee Haw
By debville on 04/29/05 16:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This car is so much fun to drive, especially with the top down. Everyone agrees it's a great looking car. My first car was a '67 Mustang and I always vowed I get another one day. The incentives in December were too good to pass up on so I opted to buy then instead of waiting for the 2005's to come out. I am not unhappy with my decision at all!

"stang lover
By imnotsuzi on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

fun to drive. fun to own. turns heads. i have received only compliments on this car. everyone that has seen my car has said what a nice looking car it is.

Fun car to drive and look at
By Dorrie on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I've loved Mustangs since I was a kid. Loved the first Mach 1's and already own a 98 coupe. My husband recently bought me a 04 convertible and I love this car. The exterior design is classy and the interior is plush. I have to say the under carriage is a bit stiff and creaks on bumpy roads, but out on the open road it handles very well.