2004 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Super Pony Car !
By beate on 11/09/11 12:43 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Mustang, first convertible and first V6 ! I really wanted a convertible, and it really is great ! You actually feel good sitting in and driving the car, and it is spunky enough for a sports car. Really enjoyable, the interior is really pretty, all leather. My 8 year old girl iis overjoyed, and myself being 50 I really have a great time driving it, with or without the top down. Used to have a 5 liter Capri back in the 80s, and although that had a lot more power this newer Mustang is much more comfortable to drive. Gas mileage for this V6 is pretty good ! Beate, Frederick, MD

It's a Mustang
By Topless04 on 06/07/10 14:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Rides like a buckboard, reasonable handling, mileage, and the Mach stereo is a beast! If you don't like a Mustang convertible, let's look at your choices. An older Cavalier, a Sebring or LeBaron that will likely have numerous issues, a costly BMW or a Porsche that is likely beyond costly for similar year and miles. It's the only choice out there under $12,000 with low miles.

The Ultimate Toy for those over 49
By Topless04Stang on 05/22/10 19:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My black Mustang rides like a buckboard, the leather seats are flat, the interior door panels and console are cheap. It's a Mustang for crying out loud. It's an icon, a legend. The Mach 6 CD am-fm stereo is simply amazing. Your choices for a convertible are rather limited. A Chysler Sebring, a Pontiac that they quit making, a BMW with a price tag over two times any similar Mustang. The Mustang is the only logical choice. Smooth and easy top operation. The trunk holds what it needs too. Golf clubs, baseball bags, tennis rackets, groceries, 2 medium suitcases. No its not big, its a sports car, not a luxo boat. The people that complain about this car are ill, please see a doctor.

Oily Problem
By Bruce S on 12/28/04 11:42 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Frustrated owner of a new 2004 with only 1400 miles. The first 300 the car started leaking oil. They supposely fixed this; then went on a road trip around 350 miles oil leaked again. Found out that there are 181 cars out there that have this problem. Ford will not take back the car which I want them to do. Dealer is ok, but certain higher ups were rude to me...WATCH OUT....

Great Car
By James Kelly on 12/19/04 11:42 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car is great ! It handles very good, passing gear is really great, sterio is fantastic, it is an eye catcher on the road, cruises without any effort, everything about this car is what I expected. Only thing I see wrong is that now that I have mine, is that I see a lot of others ones on the road now.

My First Car
By Chris on 12/04/04 22:00 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. My whole family is jealous. My mom, who drives a Porshe Boxter, is always asking if she can drive it. It has good horsepower. Fun to drive.

Disappointed
By dombi on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I was excited to finally drive a Mustang, that is why I decided to rent one for a few days. The 6 cyl engine with the automatic tranmission is underpowered. This car is slow and feels heavy. The interior build quality seems very cheap. The plastic holding the window buttons on the driver's side door is already loose (at 14K miles!). I am 6'2" and the height of the interior seems OK. The seats are alright as well. The 6 disc changer stereo sounds good. I have not tried to remove the top, because it seemed complicated. This might be an OK car, but I would expect much more from a Mustang in terms of performance (even if this is an automatic one).

My First Ford
By Larry Parks on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Probably the poorest engineered and poorest quality vehicle I've ever owned, it's my 10th vehicle. I've had nothing but problems since I bought the car, I actually got it in July 2002. I'm glad the dealer decided to sneak a premium extended warranty in on the contract, I have a feeling a lot more will go wrong after the initial 36,000 miles.

my 2004 mustang
By roger pace on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

6 cyl. is underpowered for this weight. Automatic transmission is not responsive in lower gears and passing is not good at high end. Convertible top does not return far enough when putting the top up. Pull down is difficult for average person to do.

The rest are gone, but the pony thunders
By BLW on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Even though the platform is old Ford kept the "car" current. Mustang is and always will be more than a car. It is an icon to a lifestyle that Americans, both young and old, still want to hold on to. Long live the "pony car".