Used 2004 Ford Mustang Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My First Car
By Mustang04

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

My parents bought this car for me for my first car. I am definitely a car person and was thrilled to get a Mustang. This car is so reliable. Every time I need to go somewhere I know that it will get me there safely. I also get excellent gas mileage. I usually get between 23 and 26 highway driving.If you take good care of your Mustang and treat it right you will not have any problems.

I like the body style, the black interior,the Mustang sound (because its a manual), the view out of the mirrors and windows, and the sound system, and the removable large cup holder for large drinks.

My only complaint would be not a lot of room in the backseat but what do you expect? It's a muscle car. Overall this is an excellent car and I would recommend it to anyone.

My Mustang gets 22.23 MPG over two years
By Shirley

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

My Mustang gets 22.23 MPG over two years. This is a fact. I've kept careful and accurate records. Regular gas. I don't remember which coupe I have. It's the anniversary issue. Red. I love it.

Good gas mileage. Beautiful red finish. Bucket seats are very comfortable.

love it
By MY FIRST CAR

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

My parents got me this car for my first one, and let me say they shouldn't have it has way more horsepower then i need but i don't care i like it. It runs great is very smooth and sounds great. I love the white color it is just a great car. I want to keep it and give it to my son or daughter

the radio is so loud and easy to reach when your driving. and well just about everything else.

the back is the only problem. But my brother is the only one that ever sits back there

don't listen to any discuraging adults
By darren

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I am a 20 year old man. I bought a mustang last year just after my 19 birthday. I always wanted a mustang all my life.And when the day came that my parents let me make my own decisions i was the extremely happy. No matter what people say about mustangs and believe me i have heard them all The car is absolutely top notch. Insurance is not too bad and I the fuel economy is actually pretty good especially if you have a standard Use the same amount of gas as a v6 engine just as a hyundai tiburon V6 which i actually traded in for the stang. To sum it up: Car is great, fun to drive, good on gas, good car for a 18-25 year old due to insurance. Have fun you only get fora couple ofyears due to marige

suprisingly decent on gas, no matter what websites or people say about it. just give the car a chance to proove itself. Remember if you dont harrass the car it will give you decent gas mileage

stereo needs work but just go buy one from future shop or best buy they suited me really well with one not too expensive either

I've Had a Better Mustang
By rainy

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I had a 1996 GT that could run circles around this one but some jerk totaled my parked car that only had 68k miles on it. So I bought the '04 V6. Wow, does it handle differently! The power is definitely less, and the GT cornered like it was on rails. The GT also had a rear stablizing bar and wider tires for much better traction in the rain and snow. The '04 gets excellent gas mileage (from Philadelphia to Connecticut on 3/4 a tank) and is very reliable (except the CD player).

Awesome body and sonic blue color! Definite head turner. Reliability and extended warranty. The comfort level for me driving, it feels like the car just wraps around me. But next year I will be in a GT.

Put the wider tires & stabilizer on all the Mustangs. And also the better sound systems.