2004 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Favorite Car I've Owned
By automaniac9 on 01/19/14 13:16 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought this car with 104,000 miles on it, and wow, good car for the money. It might seem like thats high mileage, but I bought it with an extended warrenty. I bought it with many performance upgrades, and I have to say it helps this car with its performance and personality. I drove a stock 01 GT, and it felt a bit boring. The interior leaves something to be desired, but it's simple and has no extra fluff you don't need. All in all, it is a good all rounder that now a days is a good used alternantive to a brand new one.

Super Pony Car !
By beate on 11/09/11 12:43 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Mustang, first convertible and first V6 ! I really wanted a convertible, and it really is great ! You actually feel good sitting in and driving the car, and it is spunky enough for a sports car. Really enjoyable, the interior is really pretty, all leather. My 8 year old girl iis overjoyed, and myself being 50 I really have a great time driving it, with or without the top down. Used to have a 5 liter Capri back in the 80s, and although that had a lot more power this newer Mustang is much more comfortable to drive. Gas mileage for this V6 is pretty good ! Beate, Frederick, MD

Best shape its ever been in...
By WASaproudowner on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I HAD a 2004 GT until last week when my girlfriend totaled it. she was t- boned it went air-borne did 5 flips and landed upside down. that car saved her life however and even though its a total loss its the best shape i've ever seen it in

1st Mustang for the family
By Fenderboss on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Moving to a Mustang has been an interesting experience. This is the first Mustang our family has owned and we find that there is a lot of coveting of the cars from everyone. I use it as a daily driver, and my commute is a joy covering 20 miles on some twisty country back roads. There is very little we don't enjoy about the car. That said, there are probably better interiors out there as well as fuel economy, but these shortcomings are more than compensated for when it comes to the overall experience of driving a proper American muscle car.

My First Car
By Mustang04 on 06/24/10 07:32 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

My parents bought this car for me for my first car. I am definitely a car person and was thrilled to get a Mustang. This car is so reliable. Every time I need to go somewhere I know that it will get me there safely. I also get excellent gas mileage. I usually get between 23 and 26 highway driving.If you take good care of your Mustang and treat it right you will not have any problems.

It's a Mustang
By Topless04 on 06/07/10 14:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Rides like a buckboard, reasonable handling, mileage, and the Mach stereo is a beast! If you don't like a Mustang convertible, let's look at your choices. An older Cavalier, a Sebring or LeBaron that will likely have numerous issues, a costly BMW or a Porsche that is likely beyond costly for similar year and miles. It's the only choice out there under $12,000 with low miles.

The Ultimate Toy for those over 49
By Topless04Stang on 05/22/10 19:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My black Mustang rides like a buckboard, the leather seats are flat, the interior door panels and console are cheap. It's a Mustang for crying out loud. It's an icon, a legend. The Mach 6 CD am-fm stereo is simply amazing. Your choices for a convertible are rather limited. A Chysler Sebring, a Pontiac that they quit making, a BMW with a price tag over two times any similar Mustang. The Mustang is the only logical choice. Smooth and easy top operation. The trunk holds what it needs too. Golf clubs, baseball bags, tennis rackets, groceries, 2 medium suitcases. No its not big, its a sports car, not a luxo boat. The people that complain about this car are ill, please see a doctor.

My Mustang gets 22.23 MPG over two years
By Shirley on 04/25/10 01:26 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

My Mustang gets 22.23 MPG over two years. This is a fact. I've kept careful and accurate records. Regular gas. I don't remember which coupe I have. It's the anniversary issue. Red. I love it.

love it
By MY FIRST CAR on 04/12/10 20:16 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

My parents got me this car for my first one, and let me say they shouldn't have it has way more horsepower then i need but i don't care i like it. It runs great is very smooth and sounds great. I love the white color it is just a great car. I want to keep it and give it to my son or daughter

don't listen to any discuraging adults
By darren on 01/24/10 09:06 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I am a 20 year old man. I bought a mustang last year just after my 19 birthday. I always wanted a mustang all my life.And when the day came that my parents let me make my own decisions i was the extremely happy. No matter what people say about mustangs and believe me i have heard them all The car is absolutely top notch. Insurance is not too bad and I the fuel economy is actually pretty good especially if you have a standard Use the same amount of gas as a v6 engine just as a hyundai tiburon V6 which i actually traded in for the stang. To sum it up: Car is great, fun to drive, good on gas, good car for a 18-25 year old due to insurance. Have fun you only get fora couple ofyears due to marige