Too much fun
By quimbysr on
2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)
I had always wanted a GT, so when they were running some rebates I went for it. No regrets since. The only problem I've had with it is a nut coming loose on one of the top drive cylinders which I was able to fix myself. I can't get enough of the power and sound even in stock form. After leaving it with my Dad for a year while I was overseas, I wasn't out of the driveway before I said to myself, "This is a fast car!" I also think it's better looking than the new one, but that's just me. It's no wonder Chevy couldn't sell Camaros, the Mustang is just about perfect. No frills, just fun.
Favorite Features
302 lb-ft of torque. The OHC 4.6 is a great blend of newer technology with great old school feel. The traction control "off" button shows Ford knows their customer base for this car. Also, the brutal simplicity of what amounts to a truck driveline; simple and effective.
Suggested Improvements
A little more positive feel in the shifter, though you can fix that yourself. Bigger brakes for those of us that find ourselves relying on them, perhaps, a bit too much. More power. It has more than enough, but I wouldn't be a real Mustang owner if I believed there was such a thing as enough.