Reliable as an 85 Hyundai
By Justin B. on
2003 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)
I have owned 2 Mustangs, a 00 V6 which had no problems, and a 01 GT which was towed 7 times (in 1.5 years), had the T45 trans replaced (trans seized at 50, which shattered the clutch. It felt like I'd jammed the brakes on at max strength, I'm lucky I wasnt in traffic. Warranty was denied cost me 4500), the car refused to start 5 times (in 4 of the cases the engine wasnt turning over, battery only died once), torque converter failed, a fuel pump gave out, brakes (disks) needed to be replaced. Also note the steering wheel can lock in such a way that a pin blocks the key from turning, if this happens to you try turning the steering wheel until it lets you turn the key.
Favorite Features
Nice power, will do a 360 in rain with no provocation or just sit there waiting for oncoming traffic while in the left turn lane, great if you like the adrenaline rush of not knowing if your car will kill you.
Suggested Improvements
This car will break down, you will regret buying it. Do not under any circumstances take it over 3500 rpms. Do not keep traction control on in rain, or god forbid hail or snow. I suggest buying a different car. My car spent a total of 3 months in the shop.