2003 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Dreams do come true

2003 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

SVT Cobra Coupe (4.6L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual)

Dreams do come true
By Rick on

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I found my Cobra in June, 2004 after she was a showroom princess for over a year. Not only is the 2003 supercharged Cobra all the reviews say they are, they're off the scale in fun to drive. I've added a Bassani exhaust system (headers/H-pipe w/catback, 4" tips), K&N air filter, 2.8" supercharger pulley and Xcalibrator chip and now pull a true 428 rwhp. It's hard to get this in any other vehicle comparitably priced, and yes, my friends, it is a Ford. This car garners as much attention as my Harley does, and it's show quality. Nice job, Blue Oval.

Instant throttle response. Deep exhaust tones. Quick convertible ops. Awesome high speed handling. Super sporty styling for a 10 year old platform. Classic American bloodlines. Top notch factory and owners association.

It's a little late for this model. I'll check out the 2007 1/2'ish new model Cobra convertibles and let you know.