Best bang....
By machlover on
2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)
I have owned a 2001 V6, 2004 GT and the Mach and there is a world of difference between the v6 and GT but the Mach is in a class of its own when compared to the GT. This includes the extensive upgrades made to the GT compared to a stock Mach. Of the dozens of vehicles I have owned and driven the Mach is by far the best bang for the buck. I traded in the Gt for the Mach in 2007 and the Mach is paid off and worth more than I paid for it, needless to say this is a rarity in the automobile market but it seems the Mach is still a car that people appreciate. I have upgraded it with just the normal bolt on parts and it performs perfectly. This is the 1st vehicle I know I will keep indefinitely.
Favorite Features
The list of upgrades for the Mach is extensive to include upgraded suspension which gives the car a stiff, aggressive and lowered stance. The decals stand out on all of the colors except the DSG.The small windows between the b and c pillars have a forward slant, the front chin spoiler adds to the aggressive look and the black spoiler finishes the cosmetic look on the outside. The inside includes; adjustable head rests, silver trimming, metal pedals, Mach specific seat covers and bolstered front seats that are extremely comfortable. The magnum wheels and the functional shaker hood scoop give the car it's signature look. The engine has more than enough grunt to keep me happy.
Suggested Improvements
Love the car the way it is. One thing I would change, and have, is the radio/ 6 disc play that comes with the Mach. The Mach should have come with a much better head unit. The 5 speed should have been replaced with the 6 speed found in the cobra though the 5 speed does very well.